Sue Me - J.S

"Slow down darling," Arthur warned with a slightly concerned tone

"Slow down darling," Arthur warned with a slightly concerned tone. His clouded eyes studied you as you downed yet another gin that had been slid your way across the shining worktop. Sighing deeply, you leaned against the cool bar, basking in the chill that ran down your spine, "I'm fine Arthur."

Your previous brother-in-law-to-be seemed dubious of your behaviour, but he chose not to comment further nonetheless and instead turned to sit back with his younger brothers. Every eye was on you, and at that point, you rather enjoyed it. You were glad that John Shelby was squirming in his seat for once, desperately trying to conceal his anger in attempt not to blind every man in sight.

You and John had a long history, you were together for nearly two years until he unexpectedly broke it off almost three weeks prior. It was undeniable that you were distraught, but those emotions quickly turned to frustration and most importantly, revenge.

That's why on the grand re-opening of The Garrison, you'd scrubbed yourself up to the standard of royalty and slipped on the most appealing dress you could find. It was red; John's favourite colour. 

The brand-new spotlights reflected your figure in an almost angelic light; and the honey brown orbs in your pupils glistened as you blinked

The brand-new spotlights reflected your figure in an almost angelic light; and the honey brown orbs in your pupils glistened as you blinked. Your flawless skin glowed against the crimson red material and stained lipstick and the lust in the building was evident.

Every man was infatuated, and now that you were newly on the market, you could have any that you pleased. Unfortunately, you only wanted one; John Shelby. Nonetheless, he wasn't getting you that easy.

As much as you wanted to beg him to take you back and pull you securely into his arms, your stubbornness and strong will had vowed that as a ridiculous option. Instead, you'd tried to move on; you'd never harassed him or spread rumours, you gave him space and respected his choices; you'd done everything right.

"Care for a drink, Miss Kensington?" A brave, brunette man sneakily perched on the stool beside your relaxed figure, clearly hoping to grab your much wanted and rare attention. Almost immediately you could feel a familiar pair of blue orbs glaring into your skin, but you ignored it and responded politely, "I'd love one, thank you. It's Veronica by the way."