|| Chapter Seventeen ||

I didn't know what had overcome me and I'll probably never will. It was a strange feeling and I felt the need to act upon it. You could call it an adrenaline rush or something along the lines of wanting to develop our "relationship". Whatever it was, it didn't work.

 Daniel wasn't impressed.

In fact, he was the first to quickly take a few steps back and tell me to "never try anything like that again." Then he kept cursing dramatically which would have been amusing to watch if it wasn't for the situation I was in (or for the fact that it was me all those profound words were directed at). Maybe he had never been kissed before. That was my farfetched reason as to why he reacted in the way he did. It quickly vanished when I glanced at him once again. He's too good-looking for that to have happened, I mean, girls must've been chasing after him like he was gold.

On the other hand, I felt like the reason was probably because it was Daniel Collins and anything that involved Daniel Collins will certainly never go the way planned. Whatever it was, it didn't change the position I was in.

In the end, Daniel ran his hands through his hair a few times, pocketed his newly given hat, and began to walk back towards my pack again which indicated that I was supposed to follow him.

 At least he kept the hat.

 *.*.

I thought waking up to an alarm was bad but waking up to someone who was about to smash your bones into pieces was ten times worse.

"Get up bitch I really don't have all day for this." It was Emily.

Her knuckles were hitting me repeatedly and, judging by her tone of voice, she was annoyed. The first thought that came to mind was: What's she doing in my room? However, her violence caused retaliation from me and my fist was the first thing that moved, blindly hitting anywhere until it reached something hard.

A scream followed and it was enough to make me go deaf. My eyes snapped open to view what had occurred and the sight that greeted me was something I had prayed to happen since I met this girl at training. The ache in my knuckles had dissipated but the shock of what I'd done hadn't. She was holding the side of her face so gently like one movement would be the answer to her face falling apart. A few red droplets had coated her hand which, I'm guessing, were produced from the newly formed wound I had so kindly created.

"What the...?" She stared at me with her famous frown that I've grown accustomed to, then groaned when she realised that opening her mouth would only hurt. She could barely form a coherent sentence.

"Wow, are you alright?" I asked, not that I cared. A shark could come and swallow her whole and I still wouldn't care. She deserved everything bad that ever comes her way for making my training a living hell.

She blinked away a few tears and attempted a sarcastic smile. "Yeah I'm fine, just nearly lost my face there. Maybe you could try leaving it in peace next time."

I couldn't help the smile that forced its way upon my lips. My mind had registered that I actually caused some damage. I managed to hurt Emily so I must be improving, right? Maybe those past few months with Daniel had actually helped.

Even Emily took notice. "Hey, at least you've gotten stronger. No good having an Alpha's sister who's as weak as an Omega now is it?"

I agreed with her but, I didn't provide an action to confirm that and I wasn't planning to.

"Wait," I stopped for a second. "What are you doing here anyway?"

She rolled her eyes as if my question was the most obvious thing in the world. "Your brother told me to come."