|| Chapter Three ||

|| Chapter Three ||

Pain...

That was all I felt. My body ached from any slight movement I made while my head felt like it was going to burst. What happened to me?

Fluttering my eyes open, I studied my surroundings carefully. It looked like I was in some kind of prison. When my eyes adjusted to the darkness, I realised that I was correct with my assumptions. I was in a prison...a cell to be exact. Iron bars that looked old and rusty were blocking my only way of escape.

I sniffed the air knowing instantly that I was still in Dark-skull territory. They had locked me up down here for God knows how long and now I was awake to meet complete darkness and silence. Could my life get any worse than this?

Sighing, I slumped against the cold wall bringing my feet closer to me. I was scared, no, frightened. It was the stupidest idea I have ever come up with when I decided to come here. What was I thinking? That they would welcome me with open arms?

Apparently not as they only thought of me as a trespasser, a harmful wolf to their pack. It made me irritated at how all the other wolves only had to lay eyes on their mate for them to have a happy ever after. However, I had to go to extremes and travel to a whole other pack just to make my mate notice me.

Taking a deep breath, I tried to calm my erratic shaking down. I hadn't even noticed it until now.

“You’re awake,” I heard a voice from across me. I crawled over to the bars and peered out of them.  It was a guy about my age, maybe even a bit younger. Staring at him, I wondered if he was talking to me. I came to conclusions that he was as his narrowed eyes never seemed to leave mine.

I couldn’t reply though as my voice was rusty and it hurt when I tried to speak. Just watching him from behind the bars was enough of an answer to him as he quickly exited the prison.    

Was this the last day of my life? Where they going to kill me?

No, they were going to give you marshemallows you stupid idiot. 

I placed my face in hands praying that a miracle would save me from here, that something would keep me alive.

“Don’t expect anyone to save ya; they’re all bastards who kill anyone that they have a problem with.”

My face snapped up so quickly that I thought I might have cracked a muscle in my neck. I hadn’t expected anyone to be in here since that guy had left, but, looking around now I realised all the prisoners that were locked up in their own cell. All were fast asleep excluding about three who were awake but looked like exhaustion had taken over them.

The cell next to mine held a guy who seemed to be watching me intently. Understanding that he was the one who had spoken, I gave him a blank stare.

He started talking again. “You’re not familiar with this ‘locked up in a cell’ thing are ya?”

I shook my head and cleared my throat, even though it hurt, I spoke.“No.” My voice came out hoarse and I thought he might have not understood me. Just as I was about to repeat it, he nodded his head.

“Yeah I sense that ‘cos ya smell like a powerful wolf. Belong to a pack eh?”

I nodded my head not wanting to explain my life to this stranger even if this was going to be the last day of my life. I waited for him to say something else but nothing came out. He was silent so I decided that our conversation was over.

Crawling back to my original place I breathed in a sigh of distress. In the meantime, the door to the prison opened and in walked five men. Immediately, I recognised Daniel between them looking powerful and gorgeous. My heartbeat accelerated at just the sight of him.