|| Chapter Nine ||

|| Chapter Nine ||

"Since the last time I've seen you, you've improved," Emily commented holding her arm firmly from the punch I just gave her. From her tone, she sounded very sincere about what she was saying.

I faked a small smile, "Really?"

"No, I was just playing with you. You're still awful." And that was how my 'smile' was instantly turned upside down. Both my frustration and annoyance towards her were combined in that punch and I felt like doing it again. If it wasn't for the fact that she was much stronger than me, I would have created some chaos at what she alleged about me.

"Tell me again." She looked me over then returned the punch making me stumble back into a tree. "The pack is supposed to respect you for what exact reason?"

Brushing myself off, I walked, not so gracefully, back to where I was standing. She smirked, shaking her head in the process making her black hair fly in different directions. Huffing out a sigh of frustration, I concluded that I needed to ignore her or else I won't go through this day safely with no one getting hurt. After what happened in the past week, I was in no mood to put up with people - especially if their name was Emily and had an attitude of an angered hyena.

Greg had instructed us, once again, to work on our punches. It wasn't exactly helping me develop my fighting skills when Emily always has something nasty to comment about but I was getting used to it so that was an improvement, right?

"I don't know why Greg paired me up with you, but I'm going to have a talk with him," she continued heaving in a sigh. "I need someone who I can learn from not a weakling."

She did not just call me a weakling! Then again, I would love it if Greg found me a new partner who knew what manners and a good start of a conversation were.

We carried on swapping punches; however, she dodged most of mine while I had to suffer the consequences of slow reflexes. My face was hurting like Hell and there was no doubt that my cheek was dripping with blood as the sticky substance felt so familiar.

After a while, she stopped and stared at me with a look very near to what I call disgust contorting her face. "You're bleeding."

I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand gently making sure I don't touch any open wounds because I might infect it with the bacteria my hand was filled with at the moment. I was thankful when I heard the bell signalling that Training was over. I wouldn't have to spend any more time with her.

Hastily, I got up and made my way over to Kayla who had been sitting on the bench since the start waiting for me. She smiled once she saw me make my way towards her but it immediately disappeared when she actually took a close look at my face.

"Rose," she began before I stopped her.

"Hey, it's alright. It's healing."

She had that look on her face, the one where she wanted to say something but her thoughts were all jumbled up so she wasn't exactly sure what to say. Yes, I was very familiar with that. Finally she settled with: "Are you sure you don't want a tissue?"

I shook my head then regretted it when a sharp pain shot through my left cheek.

"Ugh, you have Emily as your partner. One day I want you to pass her a punch from me." Kayla suddenly punched the air.

I looked over at her with a raised eyebrow. "You know her?"

"Not specifically. She was dating Nick before I turned sixteen and found out he was my mate." She shrugged not looking bothered but I knew that, even though she was good at hiding her emotions, it still bugged her.