Chapter 9

As Ross knocks at the door, I get really excited. I'm sure that Rydel is a very kind person although I've never met her before. I don't know why I think that because if you look at Ross, you might compare his siblings to him, but I just have a good feeling.

"Wait a second!" a voice comes from the other side. It sounds a little bit stressed and I wonder what she is or was doing in there. After I could hear some whispers, she gets louder again. "Okay, you can come in now!"

The blonde guy next to me immediately opens the door and enters the room. I'm kind of hiding myself behind him, but not because I want to, but because he is so much taller than me. However, I can see almost everything of the room.

And what is calling my attention the most is Rydel sitting on her bed and a boy on the other side. They both seem very nervous and I believe her cheeks are glowing. In this moment I can imagine what was going on before Ross and I came.

"What are you doing here? And who is this?" his sister asks. I almost have to laugh because it's always the same. After Riker she's the second one to ask that question. But I have to admit that I would probably do the same since Ross hasn't told them anything about me yet.

Like every time, he introduces me to his sibling and I say hello. The boy introduces himself as Ellington which verifies my guess about what they were doing. I can remember exactly that he is Rydel's boyfriend.

"Is there any reason why you had to disturb?" Ratliff, as he is called most of the time, asks making the girl laugh. "Talking to you guys is really entertaining, but you," he points with his index finger at Ross, "never visit your sister without wanting something."

"Um, that is not true," Ross wants to make clear, but he himself doesn't sound very persuaded. So it actually is true that he doesn't have a strong bond with his family members. But you know what? I don't care because now that I'm with him, he tries to change that.

Since he doesn't continue, I answer Ratliff's question. "I wanted to get to know you and we would like to maybe hang out at the pool with you two. I mean, it's really hot and it would be really fun. What do you think?"

"Why not?" Rydel says smiling. "I'm not sure, but I think Ryland and Rocky are out there as well. At least I saw them at the terrace like twenty minutes ago." Oh, hopefully they still are at this place, I really want to see them. Especially because Charlie keeps saying that Ryland is so cute.

I should make them fall in love with each other, my mind says and I have to smirk. I've never wanted to play Amor, to be honest, but my best friend likes him a lot and, just like me, she hasn't had a boyfriend yet. I would do almost everything to help her find someone.

"So let's go!" Ross raises his voice, Rydel and Ellington get off the bed and we all leave the room. When Ross takes my hand to show me the way, it automatically starts to prickle like crazy and I once again feel the butterflies in my stomach.

If this wasn't the first time that he really gets in contact with me, I would be extremely happy and not worried at all. But sadly it is the first time, before this day he didn't want to has to do something with me. That's why I have this strange feeling in my subconscious. I hope it's unnecessary and try to ignore it.

As soon as we arrive at the terrace, I can't stop to be amazed. The pool is even bigger than I thought it would be. I have always dreamed of living in a house with a pool with my sister, but as you know, we don't have the money, which makes life so freaking hard. Also I don't know if we even can buy a house at our age. I wish Mom could get all her memories back and come back.

However, now it's not time to be sad. It's time to have fun and enjoy life with some new friends. And when I say friends, I don't exaggerate. Rydel, Ellington, Rocky, Ryland, Riker - who's also outside now - and I get along pretty well and that from the first second on. It's like we were meant to meet.

Of course I didn't think that we would end up in the pool, so I don't have any bath clothes here. To my surprise Rydel has got the same size as me and I can borrow a bikini from her. At first I feel a little bit uncomfortable because it shows so much skin. I don't have the best body and I'm scared that Ross would find me ugly.

While the boys are already attacking each other in the pool, Rydel and I stand at the door that leads to the terrace. I'm really looking forward to participate, but my feet don't want to walk for some reason. In the end someone will have to carry me.

"Hey," the blonde girl gets my attention, "you look so pretty in that bikini. It sounds weird, but I'm actually proud that these are some of my clothes that make you look so beautiful." She's right, it sounds odd, but I understand what she means. But understanding and believing are two different things.

"Thank you for these nice words," I murmer. "But I don't think I'm pretty enough. I'm so stupid. Why have I chosen to audition for the Cinderella? I would be perfect for the old, dirty Cinderella, but not for the beautiful princess."

"Don't say that. You are beautiful inside and out. You're the prettiest girl Ross has ever brought home. And if you think he finds you ugly, then just look at him," she says waving with her head into his direction. So I do what she has adviced and discover him with dreamy eyes and a surprised expression. "He can't stop staring at you."

Wow, that is something I wouldn't have expected. I guess I don't have to be scared or worried. I just should go there and be happy. And that's what I'm doing now.

~~~~~

So, there's a new chapter!🎉

My timetable was really not the best because I had to be at school in the afternoon 5 days a week. Because of that I didn't really have the time to write.

But I just had to upload a nwe chapter, because it's the-harmless-venom's birthday. So happy birthday! I hope you liked your present🤗