Chapter 3

"Now that school's over, what are you doing this afternoon?" Charlie asks me while walking outside the class room.

"I don't know, I haven't got some plans yet," I answer and try not to let my books fall down. Maybe it would have been easier to put them into my bagpack.

As I arrive at my locker which has multiple stickers in the shape of a heart on it and open it, I put the books into it and take the work off my arms.

"Hey, I've got the house all for myself today. Would you like to come over? You could help me cooking something for us," my best friend laughs, which reminds me of the day she called me and said that the noodles were burnt.

She really needs help. But sadly I can't support her because I have to stay at school a little longer. Since two years I'm joining the theatre club which meets every Monday after the sixth lesson.

"I like the idea, but I can't," I say after I have closed the locker again. Her confused expression shows me that she doesn't know what I mean. So I continue, "Theatre club."

"Oh yes, I forgot," Charlie remembers. Lately she forgets a lot. I wonder if she has something on her mind, if she worries about something. But I don't want to ask her now. Perhaps another time.

Before I say goodbye to her and hug her, I whisper to my best friend in order that the other students don't hear what I'm talking about. "Do you know where Ross is? He usually goes into the cafeteria, but he went into a completely different direction."

"Wow, Alexa, it seems like you're a real Stalker!" she gets louder, getting me nervous. I immediately put my fingers onto her lips making her quiet.

"Shh!" I remember she doesn't want me to shh her, but she really deserved it. I mean, she drew everybody's attention to me. This might sound a little bit crazy, but as much as I want Ross's attention, I don't want to be someone everybody focuses on.

"Sorry," Charlie apologizes. "And to answer your question: No, I don't know where he is. I don't look after him all the time." It sounds like she wants to annoy me. But I have learned from all those Situation with my sister. So I just ignore her.

After a short silence she finally says reaching out, "I have to go now. Otherwise I'll miss the bus." So I quickly hug her back. If she missed it, she would have to walk because nobody can pick her up. While she is leaving the building, she still shouts to me, "Have fun playing somebody else!"

I smile. I like pretending to be another person because you even can be bad without getting in trouble.  Nevertheless I've never played a leading role, just little supporting roles. Even though I've become so much more confident through the theatre club, that's still a size too big. At least that's what I think.

From far away I already see Charlotte who plays the most important role all the time running into my direction. She always gets the chance to kiss the guys - do I have to mention that they're really goodlooking? - because our teacher thinks the audience should have a beauty in mind. Not that I'm jealous, I just want to kiss Ross, but slowly but surely it's going on my nerves.

"Are you ready?" she asks me, wiggling her eyebrows. I have to try not to twist my eyes. Playing with a strand of her blonde hair, she's waiting for an answer. Surprisingly this girl doesn't seem to get impatient although I haven't said any words moments later. Why is she trying to be so nice to me?

As I finally nod, Charlotte grins again and says, "Cool. Let's go." And so she goes a few steps while I stand still a little longer. But then I accompany her on the way to the assembly hall.

As I enter it, everyone is already sitting on their chairs. Seems like Charlotte and I were the last to arrive. But luckily our teacher isn't here yet, so nobody can say against us.

Next to Jessie - I only meet her on Monday afternoon, but I quite like her - there is still a free seat where I sit down of course. Quickly she turns to me and starts a conversation.

"How was your weekend? Did you..." Well, she tries to start a conversation because our teacher appears on the stage and interrupts her. And it might be better to listen to him.

"Hello, guys!" Mr Wilson starts. He sounds happy, like he is really looking forward to the following one and a half hours. I wonder what is making him feel this way.

"Today is a special day, and do you know why? I'm telling you what we're going to play next. But that's not all. We also got a new member. Come here!" The latter was probably addressed to the newcomer.

But I didn't expect this to happen. I would have never imagined that in my life. Like how? On the one side I'm so happy, but on the other side I'm really confused.

Ross Lynch, the guy I'm falling for, is walking onstage. No robot, no clone. The real Ross Shor Lynch.

Standing next to Mr Wilson, he looks into the crowd. Maybe I'm wrong, but somehow I can feel his eyes on me. Because I'm worried that I look ugly, I instantly look down and run my fingers through my hair. As if this would make it better.

"You might know him already, but in case you don't: This is Ross. Please be nice to him! We don't want to drive him away," our teacher explains. Then he sends Ross to us.

And guess where he takes place! Yes, next to me! My heart is beating faster and my legs begin to shake, why I put my hands on my knees. Unfortunately he probably has noticed it already.

"And as promised: The next play will be," Mr Wilson starts and makes a short break, making all of us excited. "Cinderella!"

~~~~~

Now it's getting more interesting😜

Question: Since when do you know Ross?

Until next time❤️