Chapter 12 - A Cry For Help

A/N Hey guys! I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry that I haven't updated for years! But I'm cutting to the story already

ENJOY!

CHAPTER 12

**ALANA’S POV**

I shove the laptop screen away from me, my mind reeling from what I’ve seen. Shit, shit, shit. Cue the hate, the snarly comments.

Oh look, there they are, I knew that they would be lurking in the comments somewhere

OMG why is Harry with such a fat who/re?

She is so ugly, he deserves me

She should go kill herself

Tears prick at my eyes. Words. They’re just words. They can’t hurt you. Yeah right, they do hurt. The old saying ‘sticks and stone may break my bones but words will never hurt me’ is full of crap. Words are like spears heading straight for right where they hurt the most, the heart and the soul.

Warm arms encircle my shoulders, trying to stop the salty tears from dripping from my half-closed eyes. I shove them away to see Kate’s hurt face, filled with both anger and sorrow. She hates the people who ever had the balls to call me those things

“They have no right to treat you like that” she growls and snaps the laptop lid closed with a loud bang. Loud enough to shake me out of my depressing thoughts. Harry. Oh God. What will the management say? What will HE say?

“I have to go” I whisper, my voice rough with shed tears. I angrily brush them away and yank my shoulders sharply out of Kate’s grip, slipping on my slippers. Who cares about the pap, I need to talk to Harry.

“Alan-” I shut the door, cutting off the sound of my cousin’s voice. There is only one voice I want to hear and it isn’t hers.

It’s my supposed boyfriend’s.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I knock softly on the door which belongs to Harry’s hotel room, trying to dry my eyes at the same time so I don’t look like a coward. The door swing open to grant me the view of him, only in his Calvin Klevin boxers. Does that boy know how to get dressed or does he walk around like this all the time?

Well, I don’t have time appreciate his torso and I’m not a perv. Oh, imagine how many girls who would love to be in my position but I’m not like other girls. Hell, I am portrayed as his girlfriend for God’s sakes.

“Ali?” he asks me softly, confusion writing all over his face. The smallest of fluttering’s explode in my stomach at the sound of my name escaping from his perfect lips.

“Harry, we really need to talk” I choke out, tears threatening to make an entrance at the corners at my eyes again. The look of confusement is replaced with concern, making his green eyes soften until they look like liquid

“Sure, come in babe” he says gently and pulls me inside the room. His touch was warm and sent the slightest shivers up my spine. Correction, earthquakes. He turns to face with the same expression of concern.

“What’s wrong” he asks me. I prefer this Harry. The one acting like a decent human being, not a player.

“The pap caught us hugging” I sigh and shove the picture with the comments in his face. I already had it loaded on my phone so I don’t have to waste time looking at the words that have been written again. They have already hurt me and I don’t want them to reduce me into tears in front of Harry. His eyes widen and looks at me with such pity and sadness on his face it makes my heart melt.

“Ali, I’m so sorry, I should have been more careful instead of being a prick” he whispers, a real pain evident in his low, accented voice. A moment of kindness but just like everything else in my life, it’s ruined by the little things. My phone starts vibrating and begins to send its sexual song out into the universe

Can you blow my whistle baby, baby

Let me know

Girl I-’

I press the accept button and my bosses voice fills my left ear, not the sort of voice I want to hear after being upset. I hate my boss. He’s such a cow towards everyone in the department apart from Lisa, practically because she slept with him. Skank…

“Miss Patterson, you are fired” he says in that oily, smooth voice that makes my toes curl. I feel my mouth drop open in absolute shock.

“Bu-” I manage to protest before he cuts me off

“I told you no dating on the job, especially the famous ones. Oh and you still have to hand in that music column piece” he tells me, authority radiating from his sickening voice before he hangs up on me. Anger boils around in my stomach. I close my eyes and count to 10, trying to calm myself. It doesn’t work the slightest.

I throw my phone, hard, against a wall with an inhuman scream. Why does my life have to be so messed up? Why can’t anything work out for me? I sink to my knees and curl myself up into a little ball only to start crying again. I swear, one day I am going to kill myself.

Superheated hands rub my back and pull my face away from my chest. I look up at the attractive boy with teardrops obstructing my vision

“Come here” he says softly and wraps me in his arms gently. I let him hug me. I need some human closeness in this time of trial and Harry is closest one here. The salty water from my eyes soaks his skin

He picks me up as easily as he would do to a three year-old. Never thought I was that light. Or he’s just that strong. I’m going to go with that I’m light.

I open my arms, still being the three year-old that I have morphed into when he carried me. His arms wrap around me again, pulling me to his chest tightly. I place my head against his chest, smelling the scent of his cologne. Large hands rub circles on my back in an effort to calm me down so I don’t throw my phone against a wall again.

“Harry?” I ask him after a while

“Mmm?” he replies, his humming making vibrations along my head

“Thank-you”

**HARRY’S POV**

I look at Alana, asleep and peaceful looking in my arms. The smallest of smiles tweak at the edges of my mouth. If this was a few days ago, she would kill me and that would be the end of Harold Edward Styles.

Her face is so adorable when she’s asleep. Woah, did I just think that? Slow the heck down. Don’t have these feelings towards a girl who will be gone a few days. Her eyelids flutter slightly, making the lashes sweep across her cheekbones behind her black glasses. Who knew that Alana Patterson wears glasses?

I gently take them off her face so they don’t break if she rolls over. Gosh, taking care of the girl who took care of me. How the tables have turned.

I smile again and kiss her forehead gently, making sure not to wake her up.

I think I want to take care of Alana

Maybe forever