Chapter 13

Jarod called Jake, who was busy doing business with his pack or whatever. I was keeping the bucket of water near me on the coffee table, just in case the Werewolf is in trouble.

Jarod told me that Jake was still finishing up with financial stuff, which I couldn't give a damn about. So Jarod and I were still watching the unconscious Wolf, I was hoping he would be alright and up and about soon. If I killed him, I don't know what I'd do.

"Ash, could you help me for a sec?" Jarod called, somewhere behind me.

I stood up from the couch and made my way towards the game room. It what I've decided to call it. Jarod was in a separate room all together, a large desk in the middle of the room. It was the same room with the two set of doors, that I wanted to look at before. Huh, at least now I'll know what will be in here. I walk in the room, and Jarod was at the desk. I could smell Jake in here, it's his office. His desk.

The feeling in the pit of my stomach swirled, bubbly and light. Then the pain started, and I winced. It went as quickly as it came, but I was already sore. I shook it off and continued making my way into the office.

"Hey, what do you need help with?" I ask Jarod, who's flicking through papers layered on the table and clawing through drawers. He look frigid, and I am nervous.

Jarod stopped what he was doing to look at me. "I need the... um... The book where every Werewolf that's joined our pack is. I forgot it for a sec, sorry."

I look at him. "Every Werewolf in this pack that's joined us so far, has their name in this book? Wow, would mine be in it?"

"Depends, if you want to be in it. It's usually only for the regular Werewolves, you get something a bit more... Special."

I stare, curious. What will I do to gain access to this new world, that I only found out yesterday that was actually real? Will it be boring or not?

"What is it?" I ask Jarod, who's still flicking through drawers.

Jarod's lips twitch. "That is something the Alpha will have to show you. I can't give everything away."

I gap. "But..."

Jarod stops and looks at me, silencing my complaining. I frown, and cross my hands over my chest. He growls, and breaths in deeply. Hehe, I know I got him good.

"Ash, it isn't my place to tell you everything. Alpha must tell you, not me. Please don't pressure me into anything, I don't want to be punished."

I beg with my eyes. "Please-"

He holds a hand out, and I stop. "Ash I'm serious, this discussion is over."

I sigh, and nod. "Ok well, we should just find the book."

Jarod nods, and I start walking around. The room was medium in size, and there was some shelves, books and files. I decide that's where I will start. I look everywhere, nothing. Each book has nothing in it, but blank pieces of paper as if it wasn't used. I go to put the last one out, when I here a click and a small square in the wall moved inwards. I look at it, and it was a book. The book I was looking for.

I pick it up and take it over to Jarod. "Found it."

He stopped and looked at me, and then looked towards the piece of walk that's gone inwards. He opens it, and I see names, some of them crossed out.

"Ok, good. Jake needs it for some reason, and I need to take it to him before he can finish his meeting with the Elders. I should be there, and I am going to give you trust when I say stay here. Do not leave this house, or not only you will be in trouble but I'll be in some serious shit." Jarod says, and picks it up.

He walks out and I quickly run over and out the book back into place, which resets the wall as if it had never moved.

I follow Jarod as he goes for the door, and wait for him.

"Don't leave Jarod, what about the unconscious Werewolf? What will I do with him?" I ask, pleading.

Jarod tucks the book under his arm, and smiles. "Watch him for me. If anything happens," he taps my forehead, and I remember that's I did to him before. "call me."

I open my mouth the question, but Jarod runs out the doors and shifts into his massive white Wolf with gold eyes. He picks up the book with his teeth, and nods.

I believe in you, Ash. Don't let me down.

The message was obviously from him, and I smile and nod. With a shake of his fur he bounded away, dodging past some younger kids in Wolf form. I sigh and go back inside, shutting the door behind me.

____________________________________________________________

Hi, guys I have finally got to update this chapter!

I have two IPads, yes two. And with the all the updates I have done, I have done all of them on my IPads at my mums. Some updates, like this one, were at my dad's. So I had to wait two whole weeks until my dad came back from his holiday. But it's all good now, and I know it's a really short chapter but I'm almost finished Chapter 14.

Please, vote and do lot's of commenting, and I've hoped you guys had a happy New Year. (Yes, it's late, but better late than never!)

-kaitlynmaney3