Chapter Eleven

Eli

Waking up this morning to the smell of pancakes was a flashback for me. My mom would always cook a gigantic breakfast on Sunday’s. Two days ago was valentines day and I didn’t get anything for Char. I didn’t think I should even though things are really great between us. We talk like normal friends and when things get too out of friend zone it starts to become awkward,  yet the lust was there.  I knew it was, when I went for a hug the other day she accepted it and let me hold her for sometime until I said something and she got panicky. I don’t want her to lose her job but I also don’t want to lose her.  Sighing I got off my bed and headed into my bathroom, going pee then quickly throwing on a pair of short and a shirt because them pancakes and other various foods are calling my name. Once I entered the kitchen I frowned.

“Mom.” I groaned seeing only one girl in this room.

“Yes Elijah?”

“Where’s all your sunday food.” I replied looking around the kitchen expecting it to be somewhere.

“Right here.” She replied holding up a bowl of cereal.

“ No mom I smell pancakes and syrup and sausage and-”

“The sausage is for the spaghetti tonight, and the pancakes and syrup would be the new wax I bought for the kitchen. Isn’t it good?” I frowned at her realizing my girls weren’t up yet. “You can always cook Eli.”

“Yea but I don’t wanna, this is Sunday relax day.” I grabbed a cup filling it with orange juice while wondering what to do with the girls today. “You know what mom, I think me and the girls are going to spend the day with Gracie and Char. Are you all set with transportation today?”

“Of course Eli, my car is in the garage you know.”

“Oh yea.” I whispered out while thinking back to the memory. “ Anyway I’m going to get the girls up so we can get to the cafe. “ I ran up the stairs and to my room quickly grabbing my phone and texting Char.

“Would you and Gracie like to hang out today? :) ” After typing I quickly checked my email but then I saw her respond and clicked on it with a smile.

“Of course :) and what shall we do Eli?”

“Why don’t we go for breakfast and then hit a movie?”

“Sure sounds great :) what Cafe?”

“Um Hoolios down the street from the movie center?”

“Perfect :) Meet you there for 10?”

I looked up at the times seeing 8:52 and smiled. “Yea sounds great Char :) Me and the girls will meet you there.”

“Okay Eli, see you soon :)”

 FANTASTIC! I cheered in my head while picking out an outfit for today. I grabbed my light blue v-neck with a white pocket on the left side chest area, with my regular low hung jeans, and if I may add I think this pair of jeans does wonders for my butt. Besides that, I grabbed a pair of ankle high grey nike socks and my blue vans. After throwing that on, I walked into the girls room seeing Bella tossing and turning. “ Good morning girls. “ I said as Bella turned to me and smiled sitting up.

“Morning dad.” Emma peeked from under her blanket and then sat up hugging Char’s teddy.

“Morning daddy.”

“How are my princess’?”

“Good.” They said in unison.

“I’m hungry though. Did grandma make pancakes?” Em asked pouty slightly.