Chapter Fifteen

Elijah

I shuffled excitedly in my seat as the plane landed. In all but two hours I can have my girls arms wrapped around me. Once I got off the plane I pulled out my phone and quickly sent a text to Char.

“Just got of plane I’ll be home in a few hours.”

“Okay see you soon Eli :)”

“Of course ;)

I quickly grabbed my luggage and went to the parking garage. I quickly put my bag in the trunk and drove away from the airport. After and hour and fifty four minutes I smiled at the sight in front of me. It is six pm and I just stepped foot on my front steps. All of a sudden the door swung open and Char was standing in front of me in dark pink jeans, a white blouse and her hair was curled, but as the day went on you could see the way they started to fall. I smiled at her as she smiled back. “Hey Eli.”

“Hi Char.”

“Emma, Isabella?” She called out. 

“Yea!” I heard them yell out causing my emotions to go everywhere.

“Guess who’s back.”

“DAD! DADDY” Their voices overlapped as I gently picked up Char and set her aside as I knelt down engulfing the girls into my arms. “Missed you daddy.” They said as I held them close to me.

“I missed you girls too, so much.” I kissed both of their head as I pulled back. “Have you guys eaten dinner yet?”

“No not yet Miss Charlotte was just about to make us bacon ranch chicken, with corn and mashed potatoes.” Bella said as she smiled back to Char. I looked back at Char smiling as I noticed she was smiling at me with a sense of contentment.

“Still up to make it?” I asked her as she nodded.

“Yea, I have everything ready, I waited a little longer today any way so you could join. “

“How thoughtful.” I replied standing up. “I can help if yo-”

“Nope. You enjoy being home, I’ll come and get you when it is ready.” She interrupted as she walked by me and to the kitchen, after looking at me and giving me a small smile. I smiled at the door where she was before looking down at me girls who were smiling up at me.

“What shall we do until dinner is ready?” Bella’s eyes shot right up at she looked at Em and them to me.

“Miss Charlotte bought us a game come play with us!”

“What game did she buy you girls?” I asked as they tugged me to the living room. Once I got in there I saw the game board on the floor and saw it was Garfieldopoly. I smiled as I grabbed the box sitting on the floor and setting it up. After I set it up I felt Char sit next to me and pick out a player and set it on the start tile.

“Alright I got almost a half an hour to play.” Char announced as I chuckled handing her the dice.

“You start then.”

After dinner I was helping Char do the dishes, even though she wouldn’t let me do them. “Char really I can do these.” I pleaded for the, probably, the hundredth time. She sighed this time and slid over and leaned on the counter and let me do the dishes. “You cook so magnificent though.” She just laughed at me and looked down at the sink and had a frown on her face. She scooted closer to me and pulled on my shoulder and worked her fingers around my neck. It wasn't until she pulled off my tie that I understood what she was doing.

“I appreciate you wanting to keep this clean and wear it everyday, but its dirty water so….” She trailed off wiping the tie and setting it on the counter. I chuckled and finished up with the dishes and then leaned against the counter wiping my hands dry.