Chapter Eighteen

Charlotte

After I went bowling with my family like we always do, I quickly hopped into my shower. After showering I put my hair in a towel and threw on a pair of sweats and a workout shirt. I then made my way to my kitchen and started to prepare Eli’s favorite meal. When we went on the date last week he was talking about his mom making chicken parm that night and he wouldn’t stop. So tonight I am making him chicken parm with homemade garlic bread and spaghetti. I started marinating the chicken in marinara sauce and left it like that for an hour.  During the marination I went to my room and picked out a baby pink nail polish and did my nails while watching a movie on abc family. After my nails dried I walked to my wardrobe and picked out an outfit. I then let my hair out of the towel and walked down stairs and took the chicken out and put it in the oven. I set the timer for thirty minutes and got my phone of a timer for fifteen minutes so I can come back and start the noodles and bread. I then went upstairs and started curling my hair. After I curled my hair, my timer went off and I went to boil water. I then started the sauce for the garlic bread and found the fresh loaf I bought last night.

After everything was cooking I noticed the time and it was around six forty five. I quickly made sure everything was okay and went to my room and put on my black jeans and light pink blouse with lace along the shoulders. I also put on my creme pumps and gave my eyes a shimmery look. My lips had a shimmery gloss on them and my hair was pinned back. Once I got downstairs I heard the buzzer go off as I went and gave Eli permission to come up. I then got plates out and set them on my small table, then shut the oven and stove off. I heard a knock on my door as I smiled and went to open it. Eli had on a nice dark blue button up t-shirt that he had the sleeves pushed to his elbows. He wore black pants and nice loafers and his watch I gave him. His hair was a messy sexy look and when I met his eyes he smiled brightly at me. “Good evening Char.”

I giggled allowing him entrance “Good evening vampire.”  I joked as I closed the door. He laughed shaking his head until he looked at me and gave me a smirk. He walked up to me and grabbed my waist whispering across my  lips.

“Did you make Chicken Parmesan?”

“Mhm.” I mumbled pecking his lips as I went to the chicken. Before I could Eli held my hand and pulled me to him. He handed me a bottle of white wine and smiled. I then set it carefully on the table and went to the chicken. I pulled it out of the oven and after I felt Eli wrap his arms around my waist. His chin rested on my shoulder as I also grabbed the bread and set that off to the side.

“This looks so good.” He groaned kissing right behind my ear giving me a shiver of anticipation again.  

“Thank you.” I whispered. I grabbed his plate and put the spaghetti first then put a piece of chicken and the garlic bread off to the side. I tried handing him his plate but his arms were still around my waist. “Eli let me go so you can eat.”

“I don’t want to.” He mumbled and kissed my cheek. He sighed and let go grabbing his plate and I gave him a small smile. He smiled at me and set his plate on the table and stood waiting for me. Once I got my plate we sat down and started talking about our day. He poured me a glass of the wine along with him. Every two bites it seemed he complimented me on my dinner. I would laugh and we would continue talking about our day. I took a sip of my wine and watched as Eli looked at me. “What?” I asked when I swallowed my sip.

“How do you cook like this?”

“Eh it’s a talent we woman are born with.” I joked as he shook his head.

After dinner he helped me pick up the dishes even though I was protesting. I grabbed some tupperware and packed everything away and put it in the fridge. I then walked over to Eli and booty bumped him. “Stop doing these, it is my mess.” I grabbed the sponge from his hand and the plate and finished what he tried to start. He laughed and grabbed a dry towel and after I washed them he dried. I shook my head and argued with him to stop helping. He just shook his head and continued to dry the dishes. All the dishes were done and he helped me put them away again, despite my protesting. After the dishes were put away he slid his arms around my waist and brought me closer to him. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he hummed to something and started to sway us. I laughed as I pulled myself closer to him and went on my tip toes. He wasn’t that taller than me, only a couple inches. He smiled at me and lifted one of his arms from my waist to my cheek and softly caressed it.