Chapter Twenty Three

Elijah

My alarm went off on my phone and I sighed shutting it off. I turned to my left smiling when I spotted Char silently sleeping, while my arm is curled around her body. I have been waking up like this for the past couple weeks and might I add its everything to me.  I shifted and slowly pulled my arm away tucking her in and kissing her forehead. I then got my outfit and slid the clothes on before going downstairs grabbing my briefcase and heading out. An hour into work, Jonathan walked into my room and gave me a message. “You have a visitor Mr. Montgomery.” He had a smirk upon his lips as I furrowed my eyebrows.

“Send them in please Jonathan.” I stated while he walked out and I organized my papers. I heard the soft sound of heels on my thin carpet and when I looked up I saw a goddess. I smiled standing up and pulling her onto my lap. She had a light wash jean short on, with a simple, slightly baggy pink tank top. Her hair was naturally straight and her sunglasses pushed the baby strands away from her face. “What pleasure is this Char?”

“Hmm nothing much babe.” She replied pecking my lips gently. “Just wanted to ask you a pretty huge yet small favor.” I bit her bottom lip gently before pulling away so I could see her eyes.

“What is it?”

“Well you have been working so hard that me and the girls think you deserve an itty bitty break.” Her face turned into a cute puppy look towards the end. I chuckled cupping her cheek.

“What would my break consist of?” I asked one of my brows raising as my eyes darted from her lips to her eyes.

“Hmm easy. Me and the girls.”

“Doing what?”

“Say building a sand castle. Body boarding, getting our skin blistered by the almighty god known as the sun.” She giggled towards the end causing my smile to grow more.

“That sounds so intriguing I just have to go.” I winked. I did have a bit of sarcasm but I really did like the idea of my girls and I at the beach. I rolled over to my draws, my arm around Char’s waist keeping her steady while I packed everything away. Once I was done I cupped her cheek planting my lips on her standing up, causing her to stumble and rest against my desk. Her hand ran through my hair, her free hand laying on my belt buckle. After a few more moments I pulled away picking her nose before whispering “Let’s get out of here.” I grabbed her hand and my briefcase leading her out. On the way out I called out to Jonathan. “Jonathan, I’m taking the day off.  Reschedule my important meetings and take all my calls.” I looked back at Char noticing my entire floor peering over to see why I was calling my day short. I looked over at Char and noticed a light blush along her cheeks and she stayed close by me and looked down at the floor. I smiled back at her wrapping my arm around her waist and headed to my car.

“How did you get here?”

“Pattie. She went with the girls somewhere and told me I couldn’t come along. But by the time we get back to our house and get you ready she will be there.” I smiled down at her knowing what my mom was out buying and smiled even bigger when she called our house, our house. I pecked her cheek before closing the door and heading home. I turned the car off walking into the house with Char. In our room she sat perched on our bed watching as I struggled to undo the tie. She laughed walking up to me and attaching her lips to mine. When she pulled away she laid the tie next to my other ones. I smirked at her and shook my head. Show off. A few minutes later I had on my simple grey swim trunks and a plain white v-neck. I had my sunglasses on my head and I quickly threw on my black vans. Walking down the stairs with Char I heard the door open and close. I heard the soft patter of feet running around before Em and Bella appeared in front of me and Char.