Chapter 6

*Kai's POV*

It's like everything has been going downhill lately. On top of everything going on with my cousin and her family, I'm dealing with Jewelle and Greyson's mother. Greyson's father passed away last night and I really haven't been in the mood for much but with everything that has happened today I really don't have a choice but to deal with life. I love Jewelle so much, it's like she was meant just for me. She listens to me, and appreciates me. She loves me the way I love her. Everything between us is equal. We talk more than we argue, we do cute things together instead of being distant from each other.. we have the perfect relationship but I don't wanna drag her along and I still have to be there for Greyson's mother. Jew tries to be understanding to the situation but I know it bothers her. We talked about me spending time over at Greyson's house and she said she doesn't mind but she just wish I didn't stay gone so long. We compromised on time so that she doesn't have to wait up for me. Her ex boyfriend isn't giving us any problems so we good on both ends. We just have other real world issues like finding a place to live. My cousin say its cool if we stay with her, but with everything she got going on I think we're better off getting our own apartment. I graduate in 2 weeks... I'll be in my own place by next week. My parents agreed to still put money on my card so I'm gonna save up for all of my future plans with Jewelle. I wanna give her everything she never had or thought she wouldn't have. She's special and I'm gonna show her just how much she deserves.

We been sitting in this hospital lobby for hours waiting on Salone and Nyla... They dealing with a lot with their daughter being in ICU and all. I don't quite remember the story of how they got babygirl but she a blessing to them. I know Salone love that little girl. Hell, I love her too. Thats my lil buddy. She made me see Jew in a whole different light. Seeing Jewelle around kids makes me wish I could get her pregnant. She would have all of my kids. She's perfect with them. She wants kids... But we agreed to wait til we had a solid foundation like Salone and Nyla have... for the most part.

Sitting here on these hard ass chairs taking turns holding, rocking, feeding, and changing Cashus is getting irritating. It's getting late and I have a lot to do in the morning. I know my cousin needs me though.

*Nyla comes out crying*

"You okay family?" I ask getting up going over to her.

"I'm fine... I'm just gonna go home and wait on Salone."

"I doubt she finna leave that room Ny."

"Well what am I suppose to do?"

"Give her time. She going through a lot."

"And Im not?"

"Both of yall going through it, yall just taking it differently."

"All she cares about is Aziza."

"What do you expect? Look at Salone Ny, she is a big hearted person and when she loves... she loves hard."

"She don't love me."

"Now you and both know thats a lie. Salone would go to war for you girl! She left the family for you! She moved out here and is living good with you, she providing for you. You don't even have to work she got you so taken care of. Salone love you... she just don't have patience."

"What do I need to do right now Kai???"

"Go back in that room and be by Salone's side. Be there for her. Me and Jewelle are gonna go home... we'll take Cashus for the night. I'll stop by walmart and grab something if we need it. I got this. Do you want something eat? I'll run to McDonalds for you if you want me too.."

"No, Im fine.. Thanks Kai. I appreciate this."

"No problem. Ima get out of here though, See you tomorrow. Tell Salone to call me with the word. Ya'll just make the right decision ok?"

"Okay"