Freedom!

"Emma Firth to the mistresses' office immediately!" The loud speaker shouts. Crap! What did I do now? I was about to prank the other girls, but I actually haven't done it... yet. I am an orphan that lives in a regular orphanage in London. My parents wanted a boy, so when they found out I was a girl, they handed me to this stupid place. It's a living hell! You do one thing, wrong and you get the cane. I thought that the cane was now illegal. Apparently not.

I walk in and I saw a woman there and she didn't work here. I had never seen her before. Then there was the little witch of a mistress Miss. Lattle. She is the world's biggest skank, I swear. If a man adopts a kid from here, you'll hear the next week she is dating him. Always wearing short skirts that could be mistaken for underwear and a crop top that shows over half her bra.

"Hello Emma" Miss Lattle says, for once, kindly. She even put an effort into smiling.

"Good morning Miss Lattle" I say with a curtsy. You have to do this otherwise, you guessed it. Caine. 

"Emma, this is Clodagh, she is going to adopt you" I look at the woman wide eyed. Nobody in 15 years has EVER adopted me. The one time I got close, I got rejected because I wasn't 'pretty enough'.

"Hello Emma" She says politely. She holds out her hand for a shake. I take it whilst replying

"Hello ma’am." I was stuttering on the words I was that excited. I'm finally going to get out!

"It is nice to finally meet you. I have heard a lot about you from Miss Lattle. She says you are quite the prankster. Me and my husband have been looking for a little girl like that for ever" She says and I give her my cheeky grin.

"I do a couple of pranks here and there" That was when my evil plan that I was working on went into action.

"AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

All of the girly girls were screaming running away from the girl’s bathrooms. Clodagh looked at me impressed.

"What did you do?" She asked me shocked.

"Wanna see?" I wink waving for her to follow me. She followed me and unluckily, so did Miss Lattle. We walked into the bathroom where my silly string that looked like a spider web was all messed up. Then there was the big spider I had painted on the back wall. Ha-ha!

"I'm impressed" Clodagh said and Miss Lattle looked pissed

"You did THAT in under 10 minutes?!" She half shouts. I grin and reply

"Well... I better go pack. Bye Miss, Ma’am." And I hurry off. I go into my dorm where my partner in crime Caitlin was waiting.

"Did ya get caned?" She asked. I shook my head.

"Nope, you know what happened though?" I asked her excitedly, I couldn't wipe the grin from my face

"What? They didn't put you back into that box again?" I shook my head again

"I'm getting adopted. Like right now." Caitlin’s eyes go wide and she shouts

"Oh my gosh really?!? Yay!!" I jump around in endless circles with her and when I stop she says

"I'm gonna miss you" I started to feel really bad for her. She won't have anyone to play hopeless pranks with.

"I'll send you letters like every week." I promised. We hugged for like hours and then Miss Lattle and Clodagh walked in looking for me.

"You ready Emma?" Miss Lattle asks. Seriously, she picks now to be nice?

"Almost. I was saying goodbye to Caitlin. I reply and finish my packing.