What happens In Ttown stays in Ttown

By the time we actually left DCH we were all too tired to do anything, so I made the executive decision that we would all just stay at our condo. To clarify in case some of you are confused, my family does indeed own property in Alabama, the complex is called Traditions and this condo in particular has Three Bedrooms and 3.5 Bathrooms, it would be a tight squeeze for everyone that was down here; but it was free and that's the best kind of living situation. My parents, Kendall myself and Patrick (following in his own rental car) headed towards the condo first, Kendall's family said they would meet us there shortly, there was one more discussion to be had with the doctors on Roz's medical team. The six minute drive felt like six seconds, That's how fast we got there. I smiled a small smile Tuscaloosa was such a familiar place to me and I loved every second I could be there; I hoped that Patrick would hopefully love it as much as I did after this (even if the circumstances for his being here were as dire and stressful as they are.) much to my surprise he did seem to be ejnoying himself. once we all settled in at the condo Pat approached me the look on his face made it evident that he wanted to talk and I had a sinking feeling that I knew exactly what the topic of conversation would be. I made eye contact with him and motioned for him to follow. 

"MOM, DAD!... Patrick and I are going to sit out by the pool, i'll lock the door when I come back inside. Goodnight!!" 

Dead silence was the reply I got, I have a feeling they were probably already asleep so most likely they hadn't heard me, which to be perfectly honest was okay with me... I sincerely hoped that Kendall hadn't heard me though, I know she wanted time to process everything on her own, but  as much as I love her she is nosey, actually no; nosey is not the word to describe it. blabber mouth, or even gossip girl's evil twin, thoes those are much better terms to describe her. Oh wait where was I again? Oh yeah back to why it didn't bother me that my parents didn't say anything....

We trust each other fully and completely so I had no reason to believe that they would have an issue with me sitting out by the pool on our own property.  So Patrick and I made our way out to the pool, my Unit was on the second floor of the building directly behind the pool so it wasn't a very long walk at all. The whole time we were walking down the stairs I suddenly felt very self conscious of the fact that I was wearing tattered Jean Shorts, A Navy Blue and white sorority spirit tank and a pair of Under Armour running shoes, I nervously began tugging at the bottom of my shorts, trying to make them appear longer on my legs (which is saying something because I'm only about five foot four to begin with) I don't even know why I was starting to get so anxious to begin with. I knew something was wrong, I had felt this feeling before and I always knew what was about to come next. My vision started blurring my breathing started to speed up as my heart thumped around wildly in my chest. I could feel the tightening of my chest-- Please god I thought to myself, Please do NOT let me have a panic attack in front of Patrick. He doesn't know this part of me, please let it pass. Instinctively I brought my hand up to where my heart was and doubled over slightly, I could sense Patrick's apprehension. Oh dear god no, please no I kept silently praying. only a few more inches, the gate and the pool are right in front of us, c'mon Lorraine you can do this I cheered myself on. Praise the Lord baby Jesus, the panic attack never came and I was able to cross my imaginary finish line with Patrick at the pool. I opened the gate for him, stepped aside and let him In, he smiled at me, And I smiled back. I closed the gate and Turned to face him. I knew we were going to have to talk. What I wasn't expecting though was for him to ask me if I wanted to go swimming. in fact it took me a while to comprehend what he was saying so he repeated himself. 

"Hello? Lorraine, earth to Lorraine, I said do you want to go swimming?" "Y'know swimming in that pool over there, it has water, there are various strokes like the back stroke and the doggy paddle.. that kind of swimming."  It dawned on me what he was saying and my face broke out into a huge grin and I couldn't help but crack up, Oh god he probably thinks I'm the worlds biggest weirdo now. 

"I mean we could go swimming but neither one of us are wearing bathing suits, and I don't really do the whole swimming in my clothes thing. Sorry it took me so long to actually say something, I was having this major blonde moment and totally was not comprehending what you were saying at all. which is so weird because I am usually so quick on the uptake and---"

Patrick cut me off, shit I started rambling, I do that when i'm nervous, and for whatever the reason I was nervous. scratch that not nervous I was down right panicked, and antsy borderline loosing it right now. 

"Lorraine, you're rambling, take a deep breath, I swear whatever we're doing right now, I'm not going to smear your name by telling anyone or putting it up on social media, its okay calm down."  " I mean I am a professional hockey player, and almost every single aspect of my life is under a microscope remember? Trust me Lorr, I'm not going to do something that Jeopardizes my personal life or yours. I swear to you." 

I was still having a mini freak out, so in order to best answer his question, impulsively i just ripped off my jean shorts and my spirit jersey. I was in nothing more then my leopard print rose lace cheeksters from Victoria's Secret and my Pale blue lightly lined t-shirt bra (also from Victoria's Secret) My dog tags hung around my neck, i took a running leap and cannon-balled into the pool. .05 seconds later, Patrick has stripped down to his boxers and is joining me in the pool. Instantaneously I'm beginning to feel bad about my body. I mean sure how many girls have practically their own version of a six pack, while still managing to have decent sized breasts and a great booty? I was a lucky woman, especially since I had joined the army reserves three years prior and let me tell ya, basic training was a bitch on a woman's figure. I really don't think Patrick had been paying to much attention to my body up in Buffalo, because he seemed utterly shocked, my cheeks flushed a bright rosy pink as his eyes took in my anchor shaped bellybutton ring, my Celtic knot tattoo on my right hip, and the Celtic trinity symbol that I had in between my shoulder blades on my back. 

At that moment, that perfectly timed moment, his eyes finished taking in the sight of my body in one smooth and fluid movement, had his hands around my waist and I felt my body responding, My legs wrapped around his waist he shifted his weight so his arms and legs could support my body weight. In the following minutes it was all a blur our lips met, but this time neither one of us pulled apart. The intensity picked up I tugged on his bottom lip with my teeth biting it slowly and his hands explored my body. our mouths parted slightly and our tongues were granted access to each others mouths. The tingling sensation that I felt in my navel and down through my lower body, gave away the chemical reaction that was happening in my body; but then again, Patrick's own chemical reactions gave away what was happening in his. 

If we continued making out like this any longer we woud end up doing something we'd probably regret given the circumstances, I wanted to he wanted to, but in all reality we couldn't. Not here, not now and not in this way; but soon. It was only a matter of time before the inevitable happened, but I wasn't in any hurry to rush it. I found enough self control to pull myself away from his intoxicating kisses got up out of the pool and threw my spirit jersey back on. but instead of turning and just walking away like I should have, I opened my big stupid mouth up and said very slow and controlled, the one phrase that is a sure fire gaurentee to fuck anything and everything up. 

" Patrick, We NEED to Talk."

Boy had I gone and done it this time.