Turning Back Time (two years ago)

"Lorraine wake up! we're going to be late!.. I'm not kidding if you don't get up soon we'll never make it to the airport in time!"

My eyes fly open as my roommate Kendall keeps yelling and pounding as hard as she possibly could on my door, it was like she was trying to wake the dead, and with the way I sleep sometimes she definitely succeeded. I yawned and stretched hearing my elbows and shoulders pop loudly and with a sickening crunch as I stood up, and flung my door open.

"I'm up for Christs sake's I'm up! yell any louder and we're gunna have a noise complaint!" I turned on my heel and promptly grabbed my luggage since I had showered the night before and slept in what I was wearing on the plane to bed, pretty much so I could sleep until the last minute (and my mom said I had poor time management skills ppsshhh) I really do enjoy sleeping, probably, a lot more then I should for a 23 year old. 

Kendall smiled at me and we linked our arms together as we left our Apartment in the City of Chicago locked the door and headed out to O'hare International Airport we were going to Buffalo New York for a week to visit her parents it was a very needed and long over due visit to her hometown, and we figured the middle of July would be the perfect time to go! Laughing and talking the whole L ride to O'hare our excitement was ever growing we couldn't help but be the obnoxious young adults we sometimes were, updating our instagrams with new and "artsy" photos and mostly our selfies from the train ride; if I cared more what other people thought of me I'd probably have been horrified by the looks we were getting from complete strangers, but I don't well wait scratch that... WE don't care what strangers think. I don't worry about the mundane in life, why waste my time with people I will probably never see again? 

Secruity at O'hare was not as horrendous as we had anticipated it to be so we made it through all the check points at break neck speed, sitting at our gate we checked our messages on all forms of social media one final time and then decided to shut off all our electronics prior to us even boarding our flight, the minutes ticked by far to slowly I was anxious and excited all at the same time; mainly because the last time I was in New York it was the island of Manhattan and I was about eight years old. I stood up and started to pace around our gate, Kendall just sat there shaking her head and laughing at me, Finally she jumped up walked up to me and grabbed me. 

"Okay Lorr I get it you're really ampped up for this trip, and I am too trust me I am, but if you don't stop pacing and sit the fuck down, I can not and will not be responsible for what I and or the other people here do to you."  with that being said she went and sat back down, However I got the message loud and clear so I walked over and joined her. 

God and baby jesus had finally answered my prayers when the United representative came over the loud speaker instructing us to start boarding the plane, we all stood up and started to file on, Kendall and I looked at each other let out a small excited squeal and entered the plane, Little did we know we were about to have hands down one of the absolute best weeks of our lives....in the history of our Adulthood.