Falling at Niagara Falls

For the first time ever in my 23 years of life, I woke up before my Alarm went off. At first, I pinched myself to make sure I actually was up (I can assure you I was definitely up.) this absolutely proves the point; I was really amped up for today. Kendall was almost as shocked that I was up as I was. Realizing that it was roughly 7:15 A.M. we decided to head downstairs and eat breakfast with Kendall's parents, as we began our descent down to the kitchen we were greeted with the smell of bacon and eggs. Jumping off the last two stairs we charged into the kitchen, driven by the smell of food; the two of us came to a screeching halt in front of Kendall's mother. Chuckling softly to herself she handed us two plates of food, and her dad poured us each a cup of coffee. Kendall and I quickly ate breakfast so we could go back upstairs and get ready for our day with Patrick. Once we got back to Kendall's room: the race was on to get ready, I was trying to go as casual as possible without looking like I didn't care about today, because believe me when I say this... I cared. I really really really cared. I think Kendall could tell how nervous I was because she came up to me and put her arm around me and then stepped in front of me to speak:

"Hey Lorr, you just gotta relax, deep breaths girl stop over thinking all of this. He's just a guy damn it." I can always count on Kendall to be my reality check, thank god for her because I really needed one. I just wanted today to be perfect, it needed to be perfect because well chances like this one, they just don't come around all the time, or well ever to people like me. It took some time, but after careful deliberation and two small panic attacks. I FINALLY had a suitable outfit! I decided to wear black converse, dark wash denim lucky brand jean shorts, with a red and black Nike pro sports bra under one of my old college sorority v-neck tee shirts. I decided to go with very minimal make up, a tinted foundation light brown eye shadow and some mascara. I also decided to pull up my multi-toned blonde hair up into a high ponytail with a poof, I stood in front of the mirror when I was finished just kinda staring and fixing any flaws. I was about to throw in the towel and just decide to not go when Kendall walked out of the bathroom, my jaw dropped and then I decided to be my usual self while I was complimenting my friend.

"DAAYYYUUUMMMM GIRL! You look so HOT! The two of us plus Patrick are seriously gunna be the talk of Niagara Falls." I really meant it too, her copper red hair was done in loose bouncy curls, her green eyes stood out with a light rim of eye liner and mascara, she's such a natural beauty that's all the makeup she needed, and her outfit oh my goodness, it was perfect! Kendall decided to wear ripped light wash denim Capri pants that were cuffed by the knees, and layered neon orange and white tanks, my roommate and best friend was absolutely gorgeous!

The minutes ticked by, and finally Patrick pulled into Kendall's driveway in a super decked out White Chevy Tahoe. His car was oh my gosh so perfect both Kendall and I strolled out of her house, and proceeded to hop into his SUV. I sat shotgun and Kendall decided to sit in the back. The twenty-minute drive flew by; I was brimming with excitement and was struggling to contain it. Once Patrick put the SUV in park, I literally leaped out of the passenger side. After the fact I realized I looked kinda like a fool, no matter cause Patrick was chuckling and smiling at me. Kendall gave me a knowing look and we all linked arms and walked off towards the viewing platform.

Even though it was the off season there were still some people who well were like me and flipped their shit when they saw Patrick, thank god he was such a good sport he spent the first forty five minutes taking pictures and signing autographs for fans. So I started zoning out just staring at the waterfall, and Kendall was doing her thing I don't really know how long I was spacing out but all of a sudden almost out of nowhere a pair of strong arms all of a sudden picked me up, and I swear to god I thought he was gunna throw me over the railing. I let out a blood-curdling scream; of course it's Patrick laughing hysterically behind me. Once he put me down, I swung at him! I was also still recovering from a small heart attack legitimately thought I was going to die for a second. Naturally I kept smacking his arm, I got tired though and stopped once I did he seemed to be able to breathe again from laughing so hard.

"Aww I'm sorry! I didn't mean to scare you like that. I just couldn't miss the opportunity to though you were so zoned out. I mean it was perfect honest to god perfect Lorraine!" Patrick was still kinda laughing but at least he was apologizing I mean I know he was joking But I legitimately thought I was about to meet my sudden and Untimely death. Still clutching my chest with one hand I turned to face Patrick took a deep calming breath and spoke.

"Patrick! I could kill you! I don't think you even know how much that scared me, I really thought I was about to die." Well I wasn't exactly prepared for what was going to happen next, so it completely caught me off guard when Patrick wrapped his arms around me in this colossal hug. I felt my knees go weak, and he didn't let go of me until I was completely steady and on my feet again. My heart was beating rapidly out of my chest and then all of a sudden out of absolutely nowhere Kendall shows up; I feel like maybe somehow part of this whole encounter was planned.

I don't care if it was or not, I could feel it in my gut; in my heart and in every fiber of my being I was falling for Patrick. I'm not to sure if it was love or not but my curiosity was getting the best of me I really wanted to know more, even if nothing ever comes of this; I know one thing is for sure because of Patrick's kindness towards me today, My life will forever be changed. This day at Niagara Falls has given me one thing, Confidence and that is something I haven't had in a long time.