Chapter 1

Y/N Greene eldest daughter of Hershel Greene four years older than her sister Maggie Greene and Nine years older than her half-sister Beth Greene. The outcast of the family, the black sheep, unlike her father she wasn't religious, she rebelled against him I'm like her youngest sister who was daddy's little girl, Maggie didn't always agree with everything she did but she never judged her and would join in once in a while. She was a photographer and had been off traveling the world when everything started. When she first heard about the outbreak she got the first plane home. She was pulled up to the old Greene farm where she had grown up to be greeted by her family. Relief flooded her seeing everyone was safe.

  It has been two months since the first day of the outbreak. Her father had it in his head that they were just sick people, not dead people coming back to eat the living. He had Otis put any walker that came on the property in the barn including getting stepmother and stepbrother. He believed that there would be a cure and everything would return to normal. "Daddy they are not sick! They're dead!" You argued with him but he never listened to you. "Mags you know I'm right. This is wrong he's delusional to think there's a cure that those things are just sick" you said to your sister. "We don't know that N/N," she said walking off. You always made sure to carry your gun with you everywhere you went. Especially when you'd go out and take pictures of the new apocalyptic world. You've gone as far as going to Atlanta not listening to your father's protest.

  You had just got back from the town over when you walked in the house to see two strange men. "What's going on here?" You said standing there with your camera around your neck, your bag on your shoulder, and gun in your thigh holster. Maggie came over to you "This is Rick Grimes his son was shot when Otis was out hunting. The built went through the deer and into him. This is his friend Shane and I'm about to grab my horse and go get his wife Lori and inform the rest of their group" she told you. "Alright I can come with you," you said. "No, I need you here. The boy is losing a lot of blood Rick has already given blood to him twice. You're O positive I'll need you to give blood" your father said. "Okay. Let me put my camera away and all be back" you said walking to your room. You put your bag on your bed and took your camera from around your neck and put it in the bag then walked back to the room the boy was in.

  "Alright let's do this," you say holding your arm out. "Are you going to do surgery?" You asked you, father. "Yes, Otis and Shane are going to get the supplies I'll need," he said. "The hospital is gone it caught fire. Where are they going?" you asked. You only knew the hospital was gone because you had taken pictures of the aftermath. That's what you did photographed everything mostly anything abandoned and damaged. This apocalypse was thrilling and exciting for you everything was beautiful to you. You felt sad that people had died and couldn't rest unless you put them down. You wanted to photograph everything to document it for the future. "The school there's FEMA trailers there," he told you. You sat there for about an hour giving the young boy blood until Patricia came in to unhook you.

  You walked to the kitchen to get some orange juice and something to eat to help with the lightheadedness when you heard footsteps behind you. "Thank you. Forgiving my boy blood" you heard the man Rick say. You turned around putting two glasses on the counter and went to the fridge. "It's no problem. I used to donate all the time" you said pouring orange juice in both glasses and handing him one. "Keep your strength," you said leaning against the counter. "Thanks," he said taking a sip. You put your hand under his cup tilting it up making him drink all of it. "You gave two units I'm sure you're dizzy," you said chugging yours.

  "So I noticed you had a camera when you came in," Rick said to you. "Yeah. I was a photographer before this I traveled the world. I've been photographing everything." You said. "Where you guys from?" You asked. "We came from Atlanta," he said. "I've been to the city. It's pretty bad" you said. "Yeah we were at the CDC it's gone now it blew up," he told you. "No shit! Guess I'll have to go back there take pictures of the aftermath since I got pictures of it before" you said. Just then you heard someone calling him "Rick!" You both went outside to see Maggie on the horse and a brunette standing beside it who you assumed to be his wife Lori. Rick ran up to her hugging her. They both walked past you and went into the house. "So how many others are there?" You asked Maggie as you walked with her to the stables. "There were four others with her but there are others on the highway," she told you.

  You were in the living room when you heard a car pull up. You walked outside seeing Maggie talking to an Asian gut and A black guy. "Oh. Umm hi. I'm Glenn and this is T-Dog" the Asian guy said. You looked at T-Dogs arm then at Maggie.  "He has a cut," she told you and you nodded. 'Come on I'll make you something to eat and we'll stitch up your arm" she said to them and walked inside. You walked in after them taking your place back on the couch. It's been a few hours when you heard a truck pull up.
"They're back!" You yelled running out to see the familiar blue 1966 ford F-100 but you didn't see Otis on Shane who stepped out of the drive's side. "Where's Otis?" You questioned just as Rick, Lori, Maggie, and Hershel came outside. "Otis?" Your dad asked and Shane shook his head handing over the bags. "Don't tell Patricia I need her" she said going back inside. You sat down on the front steps and waited for them to come back out to say that the boy was okay and Otis's death wasn't meaningless. You had a bad feeling though as you looked at Shane who was talking to Rick.

  It was early morning when your father finally came outside and told you that the boy was going to live that had gotten all the pieces out safely. "Thank you," Rick said hugging him. "I don't word," Lori said crying. Shane had stood up smiling and nodding his head. "How do I tell Patricia about Otis?" Hershel asked. "You go to Carl and I'll go with Hershel," Rick said. Later on that day you walked inside and got Beth and Jimmy so you could go to the trees in the middle of the yard to gather up all the rocks to make a memorial for Otis. "Go on out I'm gonna grab my camera and I'll be right out," you told them.  Shane walked past you to Maggie who handed him a stack of clothes "They'll be big on you. They were Otis'" she said and he thanked her as she walked off. "Showers upstairs second door on your left," you said as you walked back outside.

  You walked over to where Beth and Jimmy were picking up rocks and putting them in a wheelbarrow. You pulled your gloves on, sitting your bag down, and started helping them. You were done gathering all the rocks and had stacked them up. You were taking pictures of it when you heard a motorcycle coming down the lane with an RV and a car following behind. You stopped taking pictures and walked back over to the house. The man on the motorcycle caught your attention as two women and an older man walked over to Rick and Lori who were standing on the porch with Maggie, T-Dog, Glenn, and your dad. Everyone hugged and asked about Carl. Everyone except the man on the motorcycle he was standing there staring you up and down. "Hi. Names Y/N Greene" you said smirking at him winking and darting your tongue out to lick your bottom lip.