Japanese Shopping Time Rush - Himuro Tatsuya x Reader

Happy birthday, Himuro! 

Bolded text is when the characters are speaking English.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   

"Kagami-kun, I need help..." You said rather despondently into the phone. You see, today was Himuro Tatsuya's birthday. Of course you were going to get him a present, but unfortunately, the past week you were too busy with exams to buy anything. Now you were at the deadline.

Kagami sighed and gave some half-hearted advice, "Just get him pickles or something. He loves them."

"Bakagami, Himuro-kun isn't as food-orientated as you are! Pickles would be the worst gift ever!" You groaned at the red head's stupidity. "You know what? I'll just go to the market. Maybe they'll have something nice. Do you wanna come with me?"

"Sure, I actually haven't bought him a gift yet either. Thanks for reminding me."

"Kagami-kun, you idiot." He didn't even have a viable excuse too. Well, whatever - the more the merrier.

Fifteen minutes passed after hanging up, and you and Kagami met at the marketplace. "Let's do this." You said determinedly. 

"Yeah."

You browsed through the selections of items. There were so many things - food, souvenirs, and you even found some tarot cards of all things. None of them stood out to you though. They weren't good enough for Himuro.

Something else caught your attention though. It was a group of really nice basketballs - the leather was brand new, and there were these signatures scribbled on with silver ink. "Hey Kagami-kun, those are some pretty nice balls, huh?"

The Seirin basketball player looked at where you were talking about and his eyes widened comically. "Tatsuya would love one of those! They're limited edition basketballs signed by famous American players! The price is so cheap too - I don't think that those people actually know what they're selling!"

His astonished shout alerted all the shoppers in a twenty feet radius. Instantaneously, a giant mob of people formed, and rushed towards the stand. The citizens of the crowd were pushing against each other, screaming, cursing, and overall just causing chaos.

"Bakagami! You just had to yell that out!" You screamed, and looked for an opening in the mob. Unfortunately there was none and you wanted to tear your hair out in frustration. "Help me get one!"

You ran towards the crowd and dived underneath, though you were almost trampled and so you had to get out. Kagami tried forcing his way through, but he was pushed back. "This is Japanese Shopping Time Rush!"

"Kagami-kun, I have no idea what the hell you just said, but stop acting so American and try again!" You decided to attempt a breach from the back instead of the front, only for a group of tall jocks to block your pathway. "Damn it! Why are all these Japanese people so excited about American players?! I mean, Himuro definitely likes them, but that's because he lived there!"

After several failed attempts, you and Kagami were bruised and beaten. "This is Japanese Shopping Time Rush!" He repeated in his comical fashion. Normally you would have laughed at his odd foreign habit, but you really needed to get Himuro his present.

"Try again! I refuse to lose to this!" You called, before trying to climb on top of people. You tripped though, and fell into the crowd. The flow brought you back to the outside, where you landed rather painfully and uncomfortably on your side.

"(Name), the crowd is too strong. You can't beat Japanese Shopping Time Rush." Kagami said and then instantly cursed at himself. "Damn it! Why am I losing in shopping when I've won in basketball!"

"No! I'm not giving up! I WILL WIN!" You entered the chaos again, again, and again. Despite the hopelessness and Kagami's warnings, you wouldn't stop. 

Kagami was getting worried. If he didn't stop you, you could actually get injured pretty badly in a crowd of this caliber. You were too stubborn to listen to him, but Kagami knew someone who could calm you. He didn't want to initiate contact with that person when you both were not ready yet, but it seemed he had no choice.

Hey, your girlfriend's stuck at Japanese Shopping Time Rush.

Kagami quickly wrote the text in English and sent it. A reply came after about three minutes.

Wait (F/n)? I'll be there in five.

Not a minute passed when a second message appeared.

She's not my girlfriend, Taiga.

Kagami replied,

Yeah, yeah stop denying your feelings. Just get your ass over here.

No other messages from Kagami's friend came. Apparently they were so worried that they didn't bother to send any more replies so that they could arrive to the market sooner. Kagami grinned and knew that he could leave you in his friend's capable hands. He could leave the marketplace in peace.

Grayish eyes scanned the crowd of people. "So this is the famous Japanese Shopping Time Rush I've been hearing about." He noticed your disheartened form curled up at one of the benches. Smiling gently at your depressed atmosphere, Himuro approached you cautiously as to not upset you up further. "(F/n)?"

You flinched at his familiar voice. "Himuro-kun... what are you doing here?"

"Heard you were in trouble so I came as fast as I could."

His words made your heartbeat increase a bit, but you were too dejected to blush. "...I'm sorry."

"What for?"

"I couldn't get you a birthday present. I lost to Japanese Shopping Time Rush." You grumbled, looking away to hide your distraught expression. Himuro found your accent endearing, but put that thought to the side.

"So that's what this is all about." Himuro gave an understanding smile and said rather maturely, "I'm glad that you cared enough to try to get me something, so just that thought is nice enough. I'm not as interested in material gains as having the love of my friends and family."

"Really?" You looked up at him.

"Yes, now get up. We can eat some cake at my place." He grabbed your hand and gently pulled you off the bench. Himuro kissed your cheek, surprising you. He then led your flustered form away.

You won.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Meanwhile in a different place...

"Hey Kagami-kun. Look what I bought today." Kuroko said in a rather monotone voice.

"I'm not interested in your vanilla milkshakes dammit!" Kagami was understandably sore and irritated from all the beatings he took from something almost as notorious as Japanese Lunch Time Rush. However, when he turned to look at the Phantom Sixth Man, Kagami choked on his spit. "The Hell?!"

Kuroko was holding one of the very hard to obtain basketballs. "Nice, huh?"

"How did you get that?!"

"I have my ways, Kagami-kun. My abilities come in handy sometimes."

He won as well.