Lack - Akashi Seijuro x Reader

Sequel to Insignificant. 

———————————————————————————————

"Kotaro, you're slacking. Try harder."

"Ah, okay, okay! Sorry!"

"Reo, you're doing pretty well actually. However, don't think that you can relax just yet. Praise does not give you a free pass to do what you want. Keep practicing as always."

"Yes, Sei-chan."

"I have high expectations for you, Chihiro. You will become the next Phantom Sixth Man, so don't fall behind Tetsuya."

"I know."

"Oi... Eikichi... what are you doing?" Akashi walked over to the robust man who was currently drinking some sports drink and eating a bag of chips.

"Oh, taking a break?"

"Who said that you could do that?" The red haired captain asked coldly, sharp gaze fixated on the food he had. "And who gave those to you? I don't remember any of us bringing anything of the sort to practice today."

"Ah, it was me!" You raised your voice to be heard, stepping through the gym doors while carrying a pack of drinks and snacks that piled up over your head. "Alright, I've gotta make sure that I don't- uwah!" You yelped as you tripped and fell forward, Akashi catching you but instantly stepping away a second later. "O-oh, thank you."

"Do not thank me, for I simply did not want a mess in the gym." He muttered, turning away from you as you sighed, but plastered on a bright smile. Akashi asked in a formal, but venomous tone, "Why are you here? You're disobeying me."

You laughed, giving a peace sign. "Ha, you think that it'd be that easy to get rid of me? I'm not going anywhere, Seijuro-kun."

Akashi clicked his tongue, swerving around and grabbing your arm. He dragged you to outside the gym, where he let go and slammed the door on you. "Please do not return tomorrow."

Well, you sure as hell were going to do whatever you want. You would prove him wrong - that you were not a useless girl. No, you were going to be so freaking helpful that Akashi would have to admit that he needed you.

The next day, you showed up at the same time as usual, carrying a clipboard and multiple sheets of paper stapled together into a packet. "Hey guys. I did some research..." You stood in front of Akashi, holding your work out to him while defiantly looking him in the eyes. The boy's blank, emotionless stare did not change the slightest, but he did take the clipboard from you, flipping through the pages.

Hayama peeked curiously from behind his captain, eyes wandering over the words in the packet before exclaiming, "Cool! This is actually pretty good stuff."

"Thanks." You gave a sleepy smile, holding in a yawn. "I'd spent all night on it. I researched the best techniques and strategies for basketball and watched all the opponents' games from their previous tournaments. Hopefully with this, the Winter Cup will come easily."

"Do you underestimate my abilities?" Akashi questioned sharply, eyes twitching slightly in anger. However, he kept his calm composure and sighed, rubbing at his temples in irritation. "Rakuzan has been doing very well in the past and I plan to continue its winning streak as captain of the basketball team. If I can not even do such a small thing, then I don't deserve my title and I'll gouge out my eyes and give them to you." He announced with extreme dedication that may have been led awry before turning his cruel gaze upon you. "So, I'll ask again. Do you underestimate me?"

You chuckled to yourself, shaking your head. "No, I just want to help out in any way possible. I'm not questioning your capabilities as leader at all." You gave a somewhat sorrowful smile to Akashi. "You know, I think that it is you that is underestimating me. Now, I'll take my leave before you can kick me out again. But, I'll be back!" You exclaimed with a wink before exiting the gym once again.