An Unlucky Person? - Midorima Ending

Note - (m/n) means mother's name.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- With Midorima -

Midorima searched all over town for you. He checked the supermarkets, Shutoku High School, and even the children's playgrounds. Damn it, where did you go? Having to give up around 10 pm, he was forced to return home defeated.

You weren't at Shutoku the next day. Running towards Takao in hopes that the Hawk Eye wielding boy had found you, he was disappointed to see that Takao had failed as well. School passed by fast and without Midorima's notice. Takao dragged the tall shooter to the gym for basketball practice.

On the way his phone beeped with a notification of the newest Oha Asa predictions. "Cancers are number one in luck today! Your lucky item is a plush frog!" Well, at least he had Kerosuke, his most prized of the lucky items. He was already carrying it around in his bag from the last time it was Cancer's lucky item. Midorima continued to listen. "(a/s)'s are in a bad place right now with the lowest of fortunes! Unfortunately there is no single lucky item powerful enough to negate the bad luck. However, for those worried (a/s)'s, you can still protect yourselves by going to a sacred place of good luck!"

Suddenly stopping, Midorima's eyes widened. Of course, why didn't he think of that before! Running off towards the familiar store, Takao was left behind in the dust. Blinking, Takao muttered, "Uh oh, captain's not gonna be happy about you skipping 
practice, Shin-chan."

Arriving at the Lucky Item Store, where he and all other Oha Asa followers went to purchase his items, he was instantly welcomed by the shopkeeper, a nice old woman. 

"Ah, hello Midorima-kun! What can I get for you today? Oh. You've already got Cancer's lucky item, so why are you here?"

The boy stood up straight and asked, "Have you seen a girl about this tall, (h/l) (h/c) hair, and (e/c) eyes?" He gestured the approximate calculation of your height. 

The little old lady was surprised and asked, "Oh, you know little (Name)-chan? She's my granddaughter."

Stunned, Midorima answered, "Yes. Yesterday she was upset and ran off. I think that she came around here. That's what Oha Asa said."

Smiling, the grandmother stated, "Oh, it's nice to see she has such a nice friend looking after her. She did come over here yesterday in tears. I was so surprised, since she hadn't come to visit the shop in two years since her mother died. But, as her loving grandma, I allowed her a place to stay. She's currently moping around in the upstairs office."

Thanking the woman, Midorima traveled up the stairs. Arriving at the door, Midorima gulped a little and prepared himself. Opening the door, he saw you huddled in the corner with your back facing toward him.

- End Midorima -

- With You -

You had cried all your tears yesterday night and had no more to spare. So instead you just sat down and stared blankly at the wall. "...mom, why did you have to die?"

Hearing the office door opening, you just ignored it, assuming that it was your grandmother. You were surprised though at the feeling of something being placed upon your head. Lifting it up to your face, it was revealed to be a little toy frog. Turning around, you gasped to see Midorima there of all people. You thought he hated you, and you couldn't blame him if he did.

Midorima looked away and said, pointing to the frog in your hand, "That's Kerosuke. You can use him for uh comfort." You could feel the awkwardness radiating off of him. He was trying to ease your pain. Touched, you were beginning to tear up again, and Midorima began panicking to himself. "W-wait, why is she crying? Damn, I made her cry, what the hell did I do?! I just tried to give her Kerosuke for tranquility!" Looking to you again, he continued, "Um, I'm sorry for whatever I did. I just thought that since Kerosuke was Cancer's lucky item, he could be useful and I figured that I could try to rub off some luck on you- wait! You don't believe in Oha Asa anymore, dammit..."

Suddenly you started shaking, freaking out Midorima even more. But it was revealed to be a small, soft chuckle, which gradually became loud boisterous giggling. Who expected that the tsundere would try to make you feel better? You went over and embraced him, feeling how he tensed up and slowly hugged you back. It was a rather awkward hug, but comforting at the same time. "Thank you, Midorima-kun."

The green haired boy became rigid at the honorific, but eventually relaxed enough to start rubbing circles into your back. Huh, you guess Oha Asa wasn't as horrible as you thought. It had brought you and Midorima together. Well, you also sort of missed carrying around Usa-chan whenever (a/s)'s lucky item was a stuffed bunny.

The two of you stood in that tight embrace for a few minutes, unaware of the satisfied grandmother peeking in through the doorway. "Ah, (m/n). You can rest easy now. (Name)-chan has found another person to love her."

- The Next Day -

"Shin-chan! It's time to go to school! Oh, (Name)-chan, what are you doing here?" Takao called from outside Midorima's house, beside the cart.

"(Name)-chan will be accompanying us to school from now on." Midorima stated. 

"-chan?" Takao questioned, only to look down at Midorima's hand entwined with yours. You both were also carrying your respective sign's lucky items. "Oh ho ho ho, I see now. Shin-chan's got a girlfriend, Shin-chan's got a girlfriend!" He teased. Although he previously liked you too, Takao was happy that if it wasn't him, it would be his tsundere friend that had you.

"Shut up Takao. Come, (Name)-chan. You can ride with me." Leading you into the cart and sitting you down next to him, Midorima commanded, "Takao, pedal."

"W-wait, I have to pedal two people from now on?! Shin-chaaaaaaaaaaan!"