"So...I was with Sergeant Major Kenny Majors and had a son, whom I lost in a car wreck back in 2009, which also caused me to have Amnesia?" Aurora asked. "And you only knew who it was from the recent victim, which was Kenny?" She added as Nick nodded.

"Yeah, I'm sure this isn't how you wanted to remember, to be honest this isn't how I wanted to be told." Nick said with a slight chuckle at the end, smiling when he seen her smile. "There's that beautiful smile" he said softly, carefully brushing back some hair out of her face.

"Thanks" Aurora said softly.

"Hey, don't beat yourself up over this, now that we got this guy in custody, we can plan the future like you want" Nick offered, looking at Aurora who looked at him a bit surprised.

"You said that you never wanted to have a family or kids, especially at this stage of your career, it would prove difficulties and --" Aurora started before Nick leaned forward and kissed her, cupping either side of her face.

"I honestly don't care now, we can move to a safe house have some protection, everything...I just want you to be happy." Nick said with a smile. "And you don't have to worry about me, because I will be happy with whatever you want." He added.

Aurora smiled and nodded. "Alright, but, let's wait a little, I honestly don't want to still be paranoid from a fresh kidnapping and have kids right a way." She said with a slight laugh making him smile and chuckle as well.

"Well then, let's go home and rest" Nick said standing up before helping Aurora up.

"Lettuce, head home then." Aurora said with a giggle in her voice at her pun.

"Okay, ha ha, I get it, cause we're having Salad." Nick teased with a grin.

"Get ready for a whole lot more --" Aurora started before a shot rang out making everyone duck and look around except her.

"Ari?" Nick asked, slowly starting to stand up, his eyes wide as he was looking at her paled and shocked expression that was splattered with blood from a clean head shot. "No, no, no, no." He said, carefully wrapping his arms around her, crying a bit. "Ari, Ari!" He sobbed out. "Aurora!" He said, not caring that others were somewhat gathering to see what had  happened.

------------

"Time of Death?"

"Approximately 5:06 on April 23rd, 2019, in the Squad Room."

"Anything else?"

"I'm still looking" Palmer said as he looked over to Gibbs before sending a sorrowful glance towards Nick who was looking at Aurora with a determined look, not wanting to break down.

"Alright, Torres, let's go" Gibbs started before turning to leave.

"Actually. If it's alright, could I have a minute alone with her?" Nick asked, not daring to look over to Gibbs and Palmer.

"Of course, we'll be right outside if you need anything." Palmer said before heading out with Gibbs.

"Hey Ari...I don't normally say things like sorry, but today...that was my fault, from you getting kidnapped to...." Nick started before stopping himself before he could break down any more.

"I'll love you, like there's no tomorrow" Nick said before letting out a slight chuckle, "Weird to say when it looks like there...might not be..." He added. "I should go, I'll have McGee and Bishop help track down any family or blood relatives, even close friends...Don't know how to break it to the school or your class..." He admitted. "Yeah, I was thinking of pulling a you and telling your class myself and having a small celebration, just the way you would want it, no sadness or negativity." He added with a chuckle.

"I should go, and don't worry, I'll get the bad guy to protect us, you mostly." He said with a dry chuckle this time, tears softly falling down his face before he just knelt down and started to cry in her hair, not wanting to believe any of it.