Prologue

"Nick, please pick up, if it is something I said or did I'm sorry. It's been over eighteen hours and you normally send me a text or message if you are going to the gym or working late."

"If you don't answer I'm going to say or do something irrational, even if you deny that I can't or I wouldn't"

"Alright...Here it goes....Nick Torres....I am pregnant!"

"Okay so that last one, the pregnancy thing...That's a lie, I honestly thought that would've worked, I'm sorry"

"That's it Nick, tomorrow, right after school is out, I am going to go to NCIS to find you, even if you don't want me anywhere near your work"

"I'm sorry. I love you and good night for now"

Aurora sighed as she tossed her phone down on the couch beside her before grabbing a pillow and shoving her face into it to muffle out her cries.

She knew that Nick's job was difficult but it shouldn't be so intimidating and scary, but she knew what she was signing up for when she met him.

He was an NCIS agent, but that wasn't going to stop her from feeling both protected and in fear for both his and her own safety.

"Dammit Nick, where are you?" Aurora whispered as she pulled the pillow away from her face softly, moving to stand up and grabbing her phone, making sure her ringer on all the way and going to get ready for bed, especially since she had to go and teach her Kindergarten Class the next day.