Chapter 22

The bell rings and it's lunch. I have never been more bored in my life. I've been so ahead in all my classes that I don't even have to do anything. I felt good about it. The smartest one. Not so much of a geek anymore though. Possibly a teachers pet...Nah. I'm Marcel and it's gonna stay that way.
I walk out of the classroom and go to my locker setting my things inside and locking it. I see Natalie. She's talking to her friends once again. I stare. I just like, stop and stare. I don't get why I did it because Natalie obviously realized I was staring so she came over by me to break my staring.
"Oh hi." I say, biting my lip hoping she didn't realize I was thinking about her and that it was just a coincidence for me to be staring at her while thinking. Right?
"Hi Marcel." She smiles and walks beside me.
"I'm gonna eat with Marcel today okay girls?"
"OMIGOD CAN WE TOO?"
"Sorry Mel...I just want this lunch to be private." She intertwines her fingers with mine.
What the. What was this? Was she using me? Or was this an actual love blossoming. Wait. Ew. That sounded weird. I don't pull away from the finger intertwining or close presence, I just stay quiet and watch Natalie argue with her friend, Mel was it? About how Mel wants to sit with me and her too. Geez. Just lay the girl some slack. She wants to have a "private" lunch with me, can't you see?
"Cmon" I take her hand and we walk to the lunch room. Kids let us go in front. What. What was happening. This was so weird. So, so weird. My head couldn't rap around it. I get my lunch and sit down with Natalie, still quiet, finding myself staring off into space again.
"Crap..." I mutter under my breath as I open my water and take a big drink.
"Is everything alright?"
"Yeah yeah everything's fine." I say, starting to feel light headed.
"Right. Okay..." She takes a bite of her burger.
Damian walks over. I can see the shadow of him, hovering over me like a lion tracking down its prey. Great. This was it. Way to go Marcel. You really did it this time. I turn around.
"Hello...Damian."
He doesn't say anything, just grabs me by my shirt collar and punches a fistful of hand right in my face. I gotta admit that hurt, but not as much as it hurt before when I was the weakling nerd.
"WHAT THE HECK DO YOU THINK YOURE DOING!" Says a boy I've never seen before. He's not too tall, not too short. Has blackish brown hair from what I can see.
"Zayn?"
"What the heck are you doing."
"Buddy. You gotta understand that-"
All of a sudden Zayn grabs his wrist and jerks him against the table.
"Don't buddy me Damian." Zayn shoves him off the table and helps me up with Natalie.
"Thank you." She smiles at Zayn as he smiles back and walks away to his other group of friends. A blonde headed boy, one who seemed to be laughing his head off at something the blonde boy said, and a quieter boy, laughing, sorta.
"What the-" I get dizzy. I feel even more light headed. What just happened. I see Damian stumble to his feet.
"Next time Marcel. Next time!" He says, walking away shoving people with his big shoulders out of the way.
I don't remember much what happens next, because everything turned to black. Next thing I know I'm laying on the couch at home. What. How'd I get here? Was it all a dream? I touch my face to feel if my blood was still there.
Dried blood. DANGIT. It was real. I slowly sit up but urgently lay back down, from the pain was so painful.

OH MY GOD! I CANNOT BELIEVE I GOT 316 VIEWS JUST NOW! AND I EVEN WANTED 315 VIEWS BY NOVEMBER TO START A NEW ONE! THIS IS CRAZY! THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE! ILYSM!!!!! KEEP VOTING AND COMMENTING AND COMMENT IF U WANT ME TO CHECK OUT SOME OF UR BOOKS! AND WHAT I SHOULD DO NEXT FOR MY NEW BOOK!