Chapter 1

Hello. My names Marcel. The typical nerd... There's not much to know about me. I'm 16 years old and go to James Williams High School. Nothing special. I'm a loser. A nerd. A nobody. But here you are reading my story. I don't know exactly why, but suit yourself.

"Cassie?"

"Here"

"Damian?"

"Yup"

"Marcel?"

"Here..." I mutter, squirming in my seat, as I hear whispers being passed around to one another. I knew they were about me. No one seemed to like me. I was used to it anyway. I didn't really notice anymore. It was a normal thing. Someone coughs "Loser" as everybody laughs.

Damian... That jerk. He was the quarter back for the high school football team. Mr.Jock. Mr. I think I know everything but I really don't. Mr. I think I can pull off anything without getting in trouble.

I laugh in my head. Just ignore him Marcel. Just ignore him.

A knock sounds on the door. Someone must've been late.

"Oh yes! Class I want you to meet Natalie! She is new here! Please Natalie! Take a seat anywhere you wish to." Says my English teacher, smiling.

She has brown, long straight hair. Long eyelashes. Perfect skin. She's beautiful but what is the chance of me getting a go with her. I sink in my seat, remembering I'm a nobody. Marcel. Don't try. You will just embarrass yourself. I watch her take a seat right in front of me. I watch her take out her binder, rummaging through her folders and papers to find her English assignment she was handed to finish the day before she came here.

She raises her hand.

"Yes Natalie?"

"Um...where do I hand this in?"

"Oh! The paper! I actually want you to read it aloud to the class or just name off some of the things about you. That's what I was trying to remember."

"Oh...um...okay"

She walks up to the front of the class as all eyes are on her. She makes eye contact with me for a split second, as I look down nervously.

"Well, my name is Natalie Newton. I'm 16 years old of course. I'm from Iowa. I came here for my fathers job as a business man. My parents are divorced so I've had a hard time. Back at my school in Iowa, I was bullied. I transferred schools 6 times from bullying. So, I hope I can restart here. I love to write and read. I'm not really a sport fanatic or anything like that. Just Hockey."

Hockey. Interesting. Never thought a girl like her would like Hockey.

"So, that's about it."

"Thank you Ms. Newton!" Says the teacher as she sits down at her desk and flips through papers as we sit at our desks, patiently and silently.

She sits back down in front of me. She seems nice. She's been bullied. Maybe I do have a chance to make her my friend. It would be my first anyways. I sigh once again.

"Oh am I in the way? My huge head is a problem." She says laughing and turning around, looking at me.

"N-No. N-not at a-all. Your f-fine really."

Ugh. Just don't say anything Marcel.

"Good." She smiles and turns around.

Great. She hates me. She's probably disgusted by the sight of me. What have I done. She's probably already not liking this school because of me. What are you supposed to do now Marcel?