42

''I get it now...'' your lips stretch into a crazed grin. ''You're the parents of Satan. You're using my mum and dad's body as a vessel, aren't you?

The three figures, including Kai are stunned to silence, lips parted in shock.

It made sense now. The Satan, which had possessed Kai had a whole family. And his parents were now residing within the bodies of your parents. Which was why he had called her mum.

It bought you a sense of relief that it wasn't your original parents who were committing such vile acts. No wonder they were willing to let you die a while ago.

And that bought up a question. In this demonic family, what if there are more members beside the son and two parents?

What if there was a sister? Another younger brother? Another whole generation?

There was so much of the unknown yet to discover.

Your perceptive eyes narrow in suspicion as you wait for an answer.

''W-What makes you think that?'' the Lord suddenly laughs, her threatening demeanor disappearing in an instant.

You bite your lip, choosing your words carefully. If they find out you knew the truth, they might not let you leave alive.

''Just kidding'' you shrug casually, turning towards the door. ''Can I go now?''

''Turn back around'' the Lord demands.

You oblige, only to be bombarded with another slap on your face. You bite down on your tongue in an attempt to silence the cries making it's way up your throat. ''bitch that hurt''

''Don't make silly assumptions, okay?'' she smiles, ruffling your hair. ''You can leave now''

You grit your teeth in impotent rage, stomping towards the door before slamming it shut after you leave.

-

You keep your gaze on the floor as you drag your feet across the marble floors, not fighting back the tears that prick at your eyes.

You feel for your cheeks and wince, trying to disregard the burning sensation you felt all over your face. Keeping your head low, you try to hurry back into your room before anyone saw your embarrassing state.

You brush past a few shoulders, not bothering to look up and apologize. The tears were beginning to fall.

Dammit, stop crying.

You bump into another figure, but this one stops to look at you.

''Soz, you're such a lil shit I didn't see you''

Your hair manages to obscure your tears, but the sniff gives it away.

''What the fuck, are you crying?'' Taehyung asks, a little startled. Crouching down, he tries to get a better view of your face.

You didn't want him to see you like this. You wanted him to think you were brave and confident, like you always acted. Your real parents, were they gone forever?

You couldn't take it anymore. You weren't perfect.

''Why do you care?'' you try to say in your normal voice, but it comes out a little shaky.

''I wouldn't have asked if I didn't care'' he mutters.

You look up, a little surprised. Your watery eyes lock with his dark ones which widen after seeing your bruised face.

''Who hurt you?'' he mutters calmly, a raging fire beginning to ignite beneath his eyelids.

You look down. ''It doesn't matter''