40

He tilts his head in an almost eccentric way, a smile that was too big for his face plastered onto his lips. ''Not just me. There's more of us. A whole family of us''

You mentally note the statement, mind forming a bunch of theories as you dozed off.

''Y/N? Hello?'' Kai waves a hand in your face, disrupting you from your reverie. You snap back to reality and blink a few times.

''What?''

''You've gone quiet'' he says.

''I guess I get nervous when I talk to cute guys'' you smile, watching his expression morph into a surprised one.

''Aw, really?'' he asks, smirking away stupidly.

''I guess that's why you're so easy to talk to'' you add innocently, hand reaching forward to tap his shoulder. ''...bro''

His grin contorts into a hurt frown. 

You're about to turn around and walk away, until you see Uri approaching you both. If you were being brutally honest, you didn't exactly like the vibe she gave off. There was a spark of mischief in her eyes, or rather something about her which ticked you off.

She sends you a nod before turning to Kai. ''Bro, have you seen Yeontan?''

Your gaze transition between them both dubiously. ''You know each other?''

They're both silent for a moment. ''Yeah, I guess'' Uri pops, hands rubbing her neck sheepishly. You nod in disinterest and walk away, not particularly interested in hanging around them any longer.

Hands in pockets, you stroll around while being lost and consumed by your thoughts. So much in fact you failed to hear the deep familiar voice calling for you. ''Are you okay?''

You look up from your reverie, blinking to process whatever he asked you. ''Yeah, you?''

''I'm good'' he winks, putting an arm around you. You rub your eyes. And blink.

''Wait, TAEHYUNG?!'' you exclaim in utter shock, tone laced in incredulity. The Taehyung you knew never winked. You raise an eyebrow quizzically, taking a step back.

An odd expression clouded his usual look of disinterest.

''hey....didn't you just leave for a mission with the rest of the boys?'' you mutter quietly, eyes widening in epiphany. ''fuck, who are you?''

His lips tilt into a smirk, and he simply shrugs before walking away.

-

And the day passes in complete and utter boredom, where all you did was hang around the place aimlessly, spending some time with yourself to recollect your thoughts.

And you decided, that you would finally get serious.

You decided to disregard the weird encounter you had ealier, this wasn't the first time a Taehyung look alike approached you. Before, that time he dropped off doughnuts to your room, something similar happened...

Was someone cloning him? You shake your head and decide to worry about it later.

You needed to focus on the matter at hand.

You needed to construct a solid plan, collect members for your mini army and stop this Mission 51 your parents were scheming once and for all...was what you've been saying for about 10 chapters now.

But still.

That also meant, you had get most distractions out of the way.

Taehyung.