41

No one's POV

Taehyung shoves his phone aside after reading over the messages once more, onyx orbs glazed in irritation and apprehension.

Not able to sustain all the turbulent emotions swirling inside of him, he leaves the premises and goes for a walk outside.

He pulls the hoodie over his head in an attempt to block out the sound of cars whirring past, allowing his thoughts to wander about in solitude.

What did he really want?

Hitting a few objects on his way to vent out his anger, he failed to rid of the ubiquitous thoughts which clogged most of his mind. ''Why is she such a little shit?'' he mutters through gritted teeth, swinging away a random can which stood on the side. 

He wondered about how you would respond if Jungkook confessed, would you be elated?

He was in fear of being replaced.

He was agitated about the lack of attention he received.

He wanted to feel wanted.

He was aware Jungkook wasn't the only one interested in you. Kyle, or rather Satan, was adamant in making you like him too. Not to mention the new kid, Matthew or whatever the fuck his name was.

The thought of all these rivals stealing you away from him awoke something primal and possessive in him, something that's currently growing in the pit of his stomach.

And with each stride, his mind became more clear, more resolute, as if the growing physical distance between you both had become an emotional chasm.

-

Jungkook catches sight of you in the cafeteria, hanging around some of the experimented kids. You seemed to be dozing off, vacant stare gazing into the distance.

He timidly approaches you, clearing his throat to signal his presence.

''hello?'' you say, looking up from your mini trance.

''Can we talk outside?'' he asks, fingers fidgeting.

Taehyung on the other hand, despite saying he 'didn't give a fuck', was watching them through the surveillance camera's.

You follow Jungkook out to the main area, and stand at a corner where there was less people. You tilt your head in a gesture of incomprehension, wondering what would have been so urgent.

''I like you'' he blurts.

You blink.

''Lit. I like you too bro''

He ruffles his hair, looking a bit uncomfortable. ''I mean, I like like you''

Taehyung watches through the camera's, biting his lip nervously.