21. Erotic

After a few rounds of practices, I thought I had it down.

"He's out there already. Go," Maya led me through a dark hallway as my heart began to beat faster.

"He's the one in braids. He's handsome; you'll know who it is."

I nodded as I took a deep breath. I stepped out into the stage, walking in a model-esque manner as I made my way to the pole. I prayed to the universe that I didn't trip and look stupid. There was two other girls on two other poles, too. The lights weren't so bright; it was still dim, so I felt more comfortable. I swayed around the pole as I my eyes trailed a few men that sat on the couch a couple feet in front. It was VIP, so it was only them.

I looked for the one in braids—instantly, he was easy to spot. He leaned back on the couch as he watched me.

I kept him hooked, just as I had practiced a few minutes before.

I began to make my way down to him, not losing eye contact. He smirked, leaning up slightly as I swayed in front of him.

"Damn," he breathed as I bent down in front of him. His hand almost made contact with my hips as I swatted them away.

"No touching," I smiled, leaning into him as I placed my hands on the couch behind him.

"What's your name?" he had a distinguished Harlem accent.

"Nadine." I whispered into his ear as he watched my breasts. I pulled myself back.

I made my way back as he followed me.

I knew it was my chance. I led him to another back room, where the private sessions were.

I opened the door as he walked in, and I locked the door behind us.

I pushed him onto the loveseat as he smirked at me, waiting for more.
He was alone now; his crew had stayed behind.

"The fuck?"

Tyler appeared from the other door that led to the back.

I made my way over, staying behind him.

"So you got a lil plan going huh? You think you slick?" Rakim got up.

"They said you been looking for me," Tyler spoke.

"You know why nigga," Rakim spoke, harsher this time.

"We talked about that shit years ago. I thought we left it behind."

"Nah. You took my profit."

"You said I could have the rest of the share."

"Yeah. I said whatever was left. But you fucked me over and took my clientele, too. Now you owe me that."

Rakim got closer.

"You not getting shit. I worked my way up nigga. I made my connections. I have my own contacts—,"

"Because of me," Rakim growled.

Tyler reached for his gun. He pulled the hammer back.

"You know I've seen your moms. Your sister too. They stay at the same place huh?" Rakim mocked. He watched Tyler intently.

"Go near them and I'll fucking kill you—,"

"Then give me my fucking money."

Tyler aimed the gun at Rakim from across the room.

"Tyler put it down." I whispered at him, pleading. I didn't want more to ensue.

"This your girl?" Rakim eyed me. "You tell her about what you did?"