Chapter Sixteen

Ta-da! Here I am! Very late! I blame Doctor Who...anyways, here is the new chapter. It's not edited, so ...

Oops? And the picture on the side (or if you're on a phone or tablet, at the top) is the thing...you'll know what I mean. Haha

* * * * * * * * * * * *
Lizzie showed up on the doorstep of the North household at exactly 6PM. Dressed casual in a simple dress, jacket and boots, she knocked on the door several times and bounced up and down on the balls of her feet.

Excitement laced every vein in her body and the grin on her face expressed nothing but joy. After all, Jesse, Everett and herself had all reached a large milestone in their lives. No longer would they be confined to the ciriculum and time tables of High School life.

No more teachers with stern expressions slapped across their faces.

"Right, cause now we get a college time table and professors with stern expressions slapped across their faces," Jesse had pointed out with a snicker. Lizzie refused to give him an answer. Mostly because he was right.

But also because too much excitement at the summer before her overwhelmed the desire to be correct and pick a fight with one of her best friends, even if it only served as a playful endeavor.

A few seconds after Lizzie knocked at the door, it opened to reveal Jesse, who automatically stepped aside to make room for her to enter.

"Lookin' good, Jesse," Lizzie said with an overexaggerated wink.

Jesse rolled his eyes and shut the door, walking away from her. "Has anyone ever told you what a pain you are? Cause I'd love to be the first," he replied, giving her quite the mocking expression.

Once again, Lizzie refrained from answering that question and chose another. "So, you seem ready to go. Where's Everett? And the rest of your family while I'm asking." Lizzie looked around the room with a puzzled expression, walking the few steps to peek around the corners as well. The house seemed oddly quiet for one lived in by five human beings.

"They left to finish up some last minute prepping at the party. They wanted us to be able to walk in and not feel the need to anything at all and just have fun," Jesse told her with a wave, seemingly nonchalant about the whole ordeal.

Lizzie had noticed lately that something seemed a bit ... off about Jesse. When they first met and for the first month or so, he was loud with an opinion about everything and content smile on his face. But nowadays, he acted all broody and quiet. It drove Lizzie a little insane if she were to be honest.

However, always looking for the positive, she chalked it up to the fact that Jesse's part time summer job would be starting soon and he just wasn't ready to take on the adult world yet. Which she completely understood. Jesse currently stood in the realm of teenage freedom, crossing over into the real world slowly. It could be a bit intimidating.

Which also explained why she didn't push him much. Graduating high school meant so many things. They weren't kids anymore. Reality stared them in the face now, waiting for them to make deicisons and figure out their plan in life.

She couldn't blame Jesse for being a little annoyed. Lizzie herself had issues figuring out what she would do with the rest of her life.

Bringing herself back to the present, Lizzie replied, "Oh, okay. Well, then when are we leaving to go meet up with them?"

Jesse merely shrugged again, making Lizzie sigh. She could almost feel steam pushing out of her ears. What could possibly put Jesse in such a mood? The lack of response was really beginning to grate on her nerves. Rolling her eyes and shaking her head, Lizzie told him she would be right back and headed into the kitchen and down the hall.