Bonus Material

So welcome to the Bonus Material! I'm going to answer a couple of questions and just sort of talk about the journey with Finding Everett for a little bit!

There are three questions that I'm going to answer to start.

1. From @LazyLittleLlama Is there going to be a sequel??

Unfortunately, there will not be a sequal. The journey I planned for Lizzie and Everett has really ended. I don't want to push my luck, you know? I'm already stuck on another sequal and if I botched up the duture for Lizzie and Everett, I'd smack my self.

I briefly considered a spin-off, though, specifically for Jesse and the adventure he went on. Maybe it'll happen, maybe it won't. But for not, Finding Everett is just a stand alone. It's up to your imaginations to get information on Lizzie and Everett's life after college and everything!

2. This question was asked a long time ago and I'm not even sure who asked it anymore (if you know who you are, let me know!) But the basics of the question was: Where did you get the inspiration for Finding Everett?

Well, let me tell you a story.

So, four years ago, my husband and I moved to Florida. Moving into a new house, a new area, my mind was on overdrive and wouldn't shut up. I ended up staying awake really late nearly every night.

At the time, I was also big into writing fan fiction. Specifically, Jonas Brothers. So, I was walking around at 12:00 AM, trying to come up with an idea for a story. Mind you, I didn't have any lights on, just the backlight from my computer in the living room. I didn't have the lay of this house memorized and stuff was everywhere. Well, I'm walking around in the kitchen, in the dark and I stubbed my toe. HARD. I ended up half hopping with a bleeding toe back to the living room.

I said mumbled something along the lines of, 'I would never make it without my sight.'

AND BOOM. This story was born.

3.  From @cutealisha599 - I was wondering if you ever thought of giving Everett his sight back? Like through surgery? Because I couldn't help but think whether you've ever thought about it at all.

In reality, yes. In the early stages of this story, I had intended on Everett getting his sight back.

But after I did the research on it, I decided that it wouldn't make sense. The cost was too high and it would be risky for him. At first, I thought I would ignore the cost and find a way, chop down the price a bit to make it work. I was determined to give him his sight back.

But in the end, I realized that with several kids and wanting to put all of them through college, the Norths just wouldn't have the money to do that, no matter how much they wanted to. And as I started to do this outline and think of how I wanted EVerett to evolve, giving him his sight back just because I wanted to would sort of undermine the plot line as well.

I wanted Everett to understand that his self worth and the things he could accomplish in life were not dictated by whether he could see or not. He deserved to be happy regardless.

In short, yes, Everett getting his sight was a real possibility at the outset, But it got scrapped with a lot of other things lol

So, about the story itself.

When I first began writing this, as I mentioned before, it was a fan fiction. The original title was The Light In His Darkened World. The Jonas Brothers and their family were the North family. So when I took it down and started posting it over here on Wattpad, I

Too long. Too weird. I'm happy it got scrapped lol.

The story changed so much along the way. In the original drafts of this story, I had planned on killing off Lizzie. I had a list of ten different ways to do it, too. Cancer, car crash, etc.

But in the end, I got way too attached to even think of killing her off. I entertained the idea of messing with Jesse's life, but squashed that real quick.

I seriously got too attached to the characters.

There was no Mandy at first. Lizzie had cancer in the very first draft of the story and then when I decided not too, there were already too many secret phone calls and worry in the story to pass off as not important. So I came up with Mandy.

So there's some little tidbits about the story.

Thank you all so much for sharing this experience with me! I'm so happy you enjoyed it and it excites me that though I've ended this book, I'll be ready to start a new one as well!

So go check out my new book, add it to your libraries or lists so that when the first chapter comes out (it's halfway done) you will all know!

I'm actually going to do an update schedule for this one - Sunday's will be my official update day! Hopefully EVERY Sunday, but life gets in the way sometimes.

So I hope you enjoy this new adventure with me! Thank you again for all the support you have given Everett!

You all rock!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^New book cover!

^^^^^^^^^^^^
New book cover!