Chapter 20

'Cause nobody knows you, baby, the way I do...

Unfortunately, Liam's next words told him that that wasn't what he was thinking, not at all.

"You wanna go see how plan B is coming along? Since we don't have a game today?" he asked, sitting up and stretching his arms above his head.

Zayn thought that it was a terrible idea, one of the worst he'd ever heard honestly, if the alternative was staying in bed with Liam and pretending that plan C was the only option.

"Sounds good," he said anyway, running his hand through his hair to stop himself from reaching out for Liam as he climbed out of bed and began to move about the room with way too much energy, like he hadn't just fucked Zayn into the mattress for the better part of an hour. Zayn, on the other hand, made no move to get up, his limbs still too heavy from the force of his orgasm to even consider attempting to stand.

"Cool. Just gonna hop in the shower, then we can head back to the house and pick the girls up," Liam said as he grabbed his towel from the floor and headed towards the bathroom. Zayn frowned at his retreating back, because if anything could have persuaded him to get out of this big, comfy bed, it would have been the chance to shower with Liam again. 

Luckily, Liam seemed to be thinking along the same lines, pausing in the doorway to look back at him. "You coming?" he asked, one side of his mouth curled up in a hopeful smile.

"Wouldn't want to waste water, I guess," Zayn grumbled, ignoring the skeptical look Liam shot him as he pushed himself out of bed and joined him in the bathroom. 

This shower was a lot less intense than their last one had been, but just as nice in its own way, Liam's laughter loud in the small room as Zayn used up all of the shampoo trying to shape both of their hair into mohawks, Zayn's own laughter quieter but just as genuine when Liam dragged him out of the stall so that they could look in the mirror to see whose looked better (Zayn's did, he was sure of it, despite Liam's insistence otherwise).

And then there were the kisses, Liam's mouth pressing distractedly against Zayn's chest when he reached for the body wash, his lips dropping casually onto Zayn's shoulder as he spun him around to wash his back, like kissing him had become instinctive, something he was unconsciously driven to do every single time he got the chance.

Zayn welcomed this new development, because Liam kissing him was infinitely better than Liam not kissing him, even when he knew that it wasn't going to lead to anything more. Not that this stopped him from trying to get Liam at least a little worked up, his teeth and tongue unrelenting on Liam's neck when he tilted his head back to rinse his hair. 

Liam groaned as Zayn mouthed just under his ear, pushing him away from him before Zayn could make sure that it turned into a moan. "I know you're probably thinking that I'm some sort of sex god, based on my performances last night and this morning, but I think I'm gonna need at least like, an hour, and probably some food, before I can go again."

"Weak," Zayn chided, before looking down and arching an eyebrow, his gaze fixed on where it seemed like Liam might be at least a little interested in another round. "You sure about that?"

Liam sighed. "I'm actually a billion percent positive that you could convince me otherwise very easily. Pretty sure we've already determined that I'm not very good at saying no to you," he said with a pointed look.

Zayn smiled at that, taking it as proof that maybe Liam was just as whipped as he was. Not that Zayn was actually whipped. If he was, could he really have turned away from Liam then, climbing out of the shower despite the fact that sex was still very much a possibility? Obviously not.