Chapter 7

I got a feeling deep inside...

Liam texted Zayn the next day, and the day after that. By the third day he'd tried calling too, but Zayn sent it straight to voicemail. Every time Liam's name showed up on the screen of his cell he found himself wanting to answer so badly, which was exactly why he didn't let himself. His "friendship" with Liam had already gone further than he'd ever intended it to, which was exactly why he needed to put an end to it.

This decision was put to the test when he came home from work four days after he'd last seen Liam to find him in his living room. He was holding Safaa's skinny little arm up in the air, his lips pursed as he blew on the fake tattoos plastered from her wrist to her elbow.

Zayn felt his entire body heat, as memories of what he'd done the night before, on the very couch that Liam was now sitting in front of, while thinking of Liam - of his hands, his hips, his perfect fucking mouth - came rushing back to him.

Safaa smiled up at him as he closed the door. "Look Zayn, I look just like you now."

"Yeah, you do, babe. Where'd you get those?"

It was Liam who answered, standing up from his place on the floor to take a small step towards Zayn. "I brought them over; I hope that's okay. Don had to go into work early so she called and asked me if I could babysit...I hope that's okay too."

Zayn shrugged as he walked towards the closet, unclipping his duty belt and putting it on the top shelf, making sure that his gun was pushed to the very back. "I didn't realize Doniya had your number," he said tersely.

"Um, yeah? Is that a problem?"

Zayn blew out a breath before turning around. Of course it wasn't a problem. What the fuck did he care if Liam and Doniya talked ten times a day? "No, that's not what I meant. I just didn't realize she'd gotten called in early. I would have come home if I'd known."

"I'm happy to help," Liam said as he settled down on the sofa, Safaa in front of him. "I'd been wanting to bring Safaa her present for a few days anyway."

"Mr. Liam said he looooves tattoos," Safaa said, beckoning Zayn closer so that she could show them off. Zayn ooohed and ahhhed over them, his eyes darting to Liam's face just in time to see a faint blush coloring his cheeks.

"You can like, go home, if you want," Zayn mentioned offhandedly. "Since I'm here now."

"Noooo," Safaa whined. "He brought a game and said we couldn't play it without you."

Liam's face flushed even further as he leaned over the side of the sofa. He came back up with Twister in his hand, a playful smile on his face as he jiggled the box.

"Wanna play, Zayn?" he asked, a gleam in his eyes.

"Please?" Safaa pleaded with her hands clasped together in prayer, matching pouts on her and Liam's faces.

Zayn ran his hand down his face and groaned, knowing that this was probably a bad idea.

Three spins in, and Zayn knew for a fact that it was a bad idea. Liam was just as competitive at Twister as he was on the field. Like, stupidly so. And he also didn't seem to be able to keep his goddamn hands to himself.

Zayn had changed into sweats before they'd started playing, a decision he was regretting when Liam threw a leg over him in an attempt to reach the green circle farthest from him, despite the fact that several others were within easier reach. Zayn had already been struggling to keep from falling as he balanced on one hand and one foot, but with Liam now sprawled on top of him it was damn near impossible to stay upright. Their torsos were pressed together, and he could feel Liam's heart beating against his own as Liam moved even closer to whisper in his ear, his body dragging up Zayn's slowly.