hangovers but you warned him

I'm still pressed against his chest when I wake up, the fabric of our shirts the only thing preventing me from being held against his warm skin, I shiver.

I try to gently pry his arms from around my waist but fail to make much progress and end up being held even tighter against him - if that was possible.

I instead turn in his arms, which leaves my face a little too close to his, our noses practically touching, his soft breath cascading over my face. We'd neglected to shut the curtains last night so a warm light ran over his face in the way his breath ran over mine.
It made his face look a healthy yellow, his skin soft as it shone, making him seem much more alive than he did last night.
I took a mental note that, if I was going to be sleeping in this bed more often, I should keep those curtains open so I get to wake up to his glowing face every morning. I also took a mental note that, if I was a better artist I could probably sell drawings of him lying under the morning light for millions of euros because there's not one person that wouldn't smile when seeing his face like this.

He mumbled in his sleep, something I couldn't quite make out as he pulled me closer still, his long legs intertwining with mine in one motion, our chests touching. I wrap my arms across his waist for lack of a better place to put them and pull myself down so my head fit neatly under his chin. We stay like that, me listening to his breathing, for a while; I find myself silently hoping that he doesn't wake up every time he moves lightly or his breath falters so I could stay crushed against his chest a little longer.

When he does wake I hear him curse under his breath and feel his arms slip away from me. I close my eyes, praying he doesn't know I'm awake. I feel him tug on my arms as he tries to get me off of him, I don't want to let him go, but I do.

I feel the bed shift and his warmth disappear. He mumbles another curse under his breath as he groans, likely the result of a headache caused by his drinking last night. The bed shifts again and I can tell he's stood up. I hear his soft footfall against the carpet before the door swings open, it closes maybe thirty seconds later and I wait before pushing myself up in the bed so I'm seated.

I stare at the door for a minute, wondering what he's doing, wondering if he'll come back - no, praying that he'll come back, that he'll slump into bed and pull me against him again. I could lie like that all day.

//Kevin//

I groan a little as I feel sleep slipping away from me, replaced by a throbbing in my head and a sharp pain spreading throughout my nerves, running from the base of my neck down to my elbow.

I'd slept on my bad arm, big mistake. I huff a quick "fuck" before I realise I'm not alone in bed and that there's someone wrapped tightly around me. It's almost worth living with the pain just to stay in her embrace but I pull back, carefully peeling her arms from my waist as I step out of bed. I sit on the edge for a second before I will myself to stand, walking out but not before turning at the door to watch her for a second. She's gorgeous when she sleeps, she's gorgeous when she's awake.  She's gorgeous.

I quietly shut the door behind me and make my way to the kitchen, then curse myself - again - for not going shopping because the cupboards are literally empty. With a sigh I pour myself a glass of water and take my pain killers, slouching over the island with my head in my hands.

I lift my head to look back at the bedroom door just in time for it to swing open.

Her eyes scan the apartment before they land on me and she shoots me a grin, "good morning buttercup!" She walks over to me, speaking in an overly chipper tone. I groan, she laughs.

"I warned you not to drink."

I scoff, "Yeah well if only you'd warned me an hour earlier."

"Oh, so this is my fault then?"

"Who else's fault would it be?"

"This guy I share an apartment with, I think his name is Kevin?"

"Well then, I guess you can call me Kevin." I laugh at my own joke, which I instantly regret when the throbbing in my head worsens, my legs feeling weak beneath me as I suddenly feel dizzy.
She's instantly at my side.
"Hey, Kev are you okay?"

I wince as her voice seems to shoot needles into my skull,
"Yeah yeah, I'll be fine, can you just, speak a little quieter?"

"Sorry, " she mumbles, "Hey I was thinking about getting some waffles, want me to bring you some?"

Waffles, I'd kill for some Waffles right now, "God yes."

She laughs, but stops herself when she sees me wince again, "I'll be back in twenty minutes with two servings of Waffles!"

"Make that three, I could eat a horse, and take my wallet, it's on the side over there."

She nods, running through the bedroom and into the en suite bathroom, reappearing in the kitchen 10 minutes later fully dressed and looking fresh-faced. She whispers a quick goodbye before slipping out the door and I jump into the shower, deciding it's probably a good idea to get ready for the day myself.

A/n~ I was really proud of this art so there you go, now you all have to see it :)) - yes I know his hand is fucked up but the app crashed and deleted like half my progress and I wasn't gonna spend another 20 minutes trying to draw a good hand sooo :((