breakfast but where's all the food?

I was woken by the sunlight flickering through the blinds when I realise Kevin was no longer beside me, and I was no longer on his couch. Instead, I was sprawled across his bed, buried under the crisp white sheets. He must have carried me there when he'd realised I'd fallen asleep.

If he wasn't lying beside me that meant one thing, he'd slept on the couch. I felt a wave of guilt hit me, he should be in a bed, where he can relax, he's far too tall to sleep on a couch and it can't be helping his shoulder.

I sigh as I pull myself out of the bed, walking into the living room where I find him, his body laid uncomfortably across the couch, the blanket he was using had fallen to the floor, leaving him in his boxers, shivering slightly every so often. I blush as my eyes glance over his body, walking over to pick up the blanket and tossing it back over him. I notice his frown in his sleep, his head twitching slightly.

He looked like he was dreaming, and it didn't seem like a great dream, I bite my lip, contemplating waking him up before deciding against it and instead wandering into the kitchen. I figure the least I can do is make him some breakfast, though when I open the cupboards I realise there's very little to work with.

The only food in his fridge was bacon and the only foods in his cupboards were cereal and random unhealthy snacks, though there was one bag of cashew nuts. I shake my head, glancing back into the living room to check he was still asleep, if I'm staying here I'll have to take him shopping, I think.

I notice a box of lucky charms and grin, searching his cupboards for a bowl and pouring in some milk. I carry the bowl into the living room with a spoon it took me way too long to find and rest it on the coffee table beside him.

"Kevin?" I whisper, shaking him softly.

"Mmm?" He manages to hum, his eyebrows furrowing slightly and his eyes remaining closed as he knocks my hand away.

"Wake up, I made you breakfast...well."

His eyes flash open at the thought of food as he looks up at, "food, where?" He grunts, like a zombie, as he pushes himself up into a sitting position with a wince. He clutches his head as his eyes adjust to the morning light before he messes with his scruffy hair. The blanket slips down to his waist as he sits, though he doesn't seem concerned with the top half of his body being on show.

I hold out the bowl to him with a grin, "I found this cereal in the cupboard, it had you on the box so I figured you liked it."

"I didn't peg you for a racist," he snorts, "and that little bastard's fecking ginger, I'm not."

I laugh, "true, but he definitely has your eyes."

Kevin tilts his head to the side, as though he's considering it before shaking his head and beginning to eat, muttering a quick "thanks," as he does.

"We're going shopping once you've finished that."

He lifts his head from his hunched position as his eyebrows quirk up, "shopping, why?" He mumbles, the spoon still hanging out his mouth.

I repress a giggle, "because, if I'm staying here with you while you're healing I can't live of off three boxes of cereal and one bag of cashew nuts."

"We have bacon too." He reasons.

"We're going shopping."

"Fineeee." He whines like a child as he digs back into his cereal, lifting his head to watch as I leave the room to shower and get some breakfast of my own.