killing pain but in the Kevin way

What do I do now? Kevin is annoyed with me, or I'm annoyed with Kevin. I don't know.
Did he really want me to stay?

I stand from my spot on the couch - which I'd been sat in for the past hour - and made my way to the kitchen, I should've finished that burger, I cursed myself as I searched the cupboards. We'd have to go shopping again soon, there was nothing here.

With a defeated huff I turn to collapse back on the couch for the rest of the day when something catches my eye, I don't know how I hadn't noticed it earlier. I'd laid out a pill for Kevin on the counter this morning, as I did every day, except it was still there. He hadn't taken it.
That explains why he looked less tired than usual, and why he sounded more in pain. But why? Had he not taken it just so he would be awake enough to go out somewhere with me? Had he sat in unnecessary pain all day in hopes of getting a burger?

I grab it, along with a fresh glass of water and knock on his office door, hearing a quiet, "yeah?" From the other side before taking a deep breath and walking in.

I take a few steps in before I notice the bottle of whiskey on his desk, "Kevin! You're not supposed to be drinking with your medication!"

He looks down at the pill in my palm then back at me, "Well it's a good job I didn't take it then right?"

"So this is why? So you could get drunk alone in your office all night?"

"It wasn't my original plan no, but it seems as good of an idea as any other I've had today." He shrugs, playing with the bottle in his hands.

I sigh, "Kev, you must be in agony." I walk behind him and he tries to spin on his chair to watch me but I turn him back around, resting my hands on his shoulders, he winces as I press down lightly.

"That's what the whiskey was for." He states matter of factly, lifting the bottle to his lips, I push his hands down before he can drink anymore.

"That's what the drugs were for."

"Well I'm not supposed to take them if I'm drinking so, it's too late now."

"Jesus Kev," I mumble, rubbing his shoulders, he groans in pain, rolling them against my hands as he tilts his head back slightly to look up at me.

"Y/n?"

"Yeah, Kevin?"

"Are you still mad at me?" His voice sounds so soft, my heart drops, I sigh.

"No, why would I be mad at you?" He shrugs, looking forward toward his monitor again.

"Kevin?"

"Hm?" He tilts his head again to try to look at me.

"Are you still mad at me?"

"No...why would I be mad at you?"

"I don't know, I just didn't like how we left things earlier."

He hums in acknowledgement, one of his hands reaching up to squeeze mine, "neither did I."

I look forward to his monitors to see what he was looking at and I discover the reason he was drinking. On one monitor was his youtube Comment section, there were 376 comments so far, and nearly all of them were concerned. On his other monitor was twitter, there were numerous tweets directed to his handle with the tags '#iskevinokay' and '#takeabreak' - ignoring the fact that I'm pretty sure that the second hashtag is a chocolate bar slogan I squeeze Kevin's hand back, taking it in mine before spinning his chair around so he's facing me.