Chapter 2

*Pari Pov*

Finally, I am in Mumbai along with my dad. I asked him to stay back, but of course, he didn't listen to me.

This whole week just passed with my packing, my mom's tears and, my dad's safety measure rules.

My new house is not far from my office building. My Dad said that the area is equally a prudent one. I even met the maid, and I told her the timings when she could come and tidy up the house.

It would be very easy for me if she comes in the early mornings, and she accepted it. I at least talked my dad out of keeping a security guard for the house.

I know I am only going to start working, and if I have a guard, then it will be definitely over the top.

I got another surprise when a Scooty was delivered, which turned out to be my Dad's other gift. He knows me too well by the model of it and also color.

My Dad finally settled me down and went away. House is totally furnished and I just changed a little here and there.

It's already evening and tomorrow it would be the first-time day in the office. So I freshened up and got ready for bed.

After settling myself on the bed, then it hit me. I have actually left my home to come here and live in an unfamiliar city to work in some company.

I just hope I did the right thing and will not regret it later. What's done is done? Now I have to just try to make full out of it.

The next day I woke up at the time maid said she will come. She was on time. She did her work, and I tried different outfits to be presentable today.

Finally, I chose one simple, but with a little sophisticated look. I got ready and reached the office on time.

"Excuse me? " I asked the receptionist.

"Yes! How can I help you? " she asked with a boring tone.

"Uhmm... Actually, I got appointed here as a P.A two weeks back. " I replied.

"And, by whom? " she asked me again just rolling her eyes.

"By Mrs. Simran for the CEO. " I replied calmly.

Immediately after hearing that, her eyes widened and coughed uncomfortably for a few seconds.

"Just a minute? " she asked me and immediately called someone.

After talking in whispers, she finally looked at me smiling, and I saw some pity in her eyes.

"Go to the fourth floor. You can easily find the madam's cabin, and all the best." she said and the last line definitely with pity.

Maybe I am imagining things here. I shook my head and went to find the cabin using the elevator to reach the floor.

I knocked on her cabin door and heard a faint reply 'come in'

This is it right! I took a long breath and entered the cabin.

"You must be Ms.Pari. " She asked me.

"Yes, Maam. " I replied as we do for our teachers at the time of attendance.

She suddenly chuckled and said, "Take your seat. Now I know I interviewed you online, and it is certainly uncanny. However, we were in a hurry, and you having all the qualifications required for this job. So here you are, but let's just have a small interview for casual."

I nodded and finally had my actual interview. When it is finished, she said, "I hope you have boundless patience level. It is totally needed on this job."