Chapter Fiveteen

The boys laughed as they fooled around, acting as they always did, how they use to do. It felt strange to be around them all again, since it had been awhile since you had been around all of them again.

"Hey I'm no monkey!" Jacob said as he got his balance back, laughing loudly and a large smirk on his face. "I'm a werewolf!" He spoke before doing a fake howl. Jared was quick and hit his right shoulder, and sign of telling him to shut up.

"Dude, shut up! Sam's going to kill you!" Jared said after Jacob quieted down, the smile still on his face.

"She already know." He told him, but all his friends were listening him, it wasn't like it was a privte conversation. He held a proud smile on his face. He then came by me and leaned on the counter.

"You told her?" Paul raised his voice as he walked into the room. It was clear he had came looking for the boys, since he was never really a friend of Jacob before.

"No, she asked and I just didn't lie." He told Paul as he wrapped his arm around my waist and laying a kiss on top of my head.

"Sam's goin' kill you." Seth said as he leaned on the wall across from us,  but as I looked at Seth he just stared at me. It caused me to have the weirdest feeling in my gut. I could only look away and try and shake the feeling off.

"Don't worry, Sam told me I could tell her." He smiled, a loving look in his eyes as he gave off a soft smile at me. "We all know she's my imprint after all, she has every right to know."

  Jacob then took my hand into his and intertwined our fingers together, softly smiling at them and then at me. His actions knocking me out of my stage of thought, stopping me from slipping into deep thought. I looked down at our hands then back up at him and smiled, the shared moment feeling nice, seeing how much he cared about me and that he cared to show it to the world. He smiled back at me as he lightly tightened his grip on my hand beforr loosening it once more.

"Why don't you two look cute." Embry said causing me to look at him. "And look they can still hear you." He said and everyone laughed, myself included.

I rolled my eyes at his comment, but it felt good. Everyone was laughing and joking around like his it use to be, it felt amazing, it felt like to good times. I really felt like myself again, and I didn't want that feeling to go away. The laughing died down and settled into a silence, but it was nice, it was a peaceful silence. The moment was only  broke by my phone ringing. It actually made my heart sink, as I knew that the moment was really over.

I let out a small sigh as I began to pull phone out of my back pocket, Bella probably lied to her dad or something. This is probably him calling to yell at me, becuase she can't fight her own battles. Stay away from my daughter, you need to leave her and her friends alone, the normal scripta parent would say. I pulled my phone out of my bag and answered it, not even caring to check, I didn't want to know, because if I did, I might not have answered. .

"Hello?" I say as I held my phone in one hand and Jacob's hand in the other. He lightly tightened his grip on my head with a light smile, I lightly smiled back, as he waited for me to finish the call.

"Madeline, it time for you get home." My mother told me sounding really worried. "It's getting late."

It was odd for her to call and tell me when to come home, because she knew sometimes I would just crash on Jacob's couch. Another thing that caught me off gaurd was she called me by my first name, she never does that, not since I was little and would be in trouble. Something had to be wrong for her to call me and tell me to come home. I can't even say that she could be drunk, becuase she never rarely drinks, maybe a small glass of wine here and there, but that's about it.

"Mom, are you okay?" I asked her, trying to find the solution to this growing problem, but she didn't tell me, only avoided the topic.

"You just need to get home. Quickly, I don't want you playing around." She spoke before the line went dead, causing my eyebrows to narrow.

 I jumped off the counter before putting my phone back in my pocket. I turned my head to look at Jacob, who now had a look of worry on his face. I gave off a small smile, trying to keep him calm. It might have been more for me than for him, but it had to be done. I also knew that he had heard the conversation, so he was probably just as confused as I was, but there wasn't much to talk about since we didn't know anything.