Chapter Three

It seemed like mintiues had passed as I tried to find the right emotion to feel, to express. I knew it was sadness showing, as I could feel as thw tears started tp swell up in my eyes, waiting on the brim, waiting to flow.

"Maddy, please." Jacob begged as he stared at me, trying to take a step forward, only for me to take a step back.

"No, Jacob. I-I can't loss you too." I voice cracked as I could feel as my body started to shake, the tears running down my cheeks, as I could no longer hold them back. "I can't lose anyone else, I can't handled it."

When my father died, it was hard, even for such a young age, and then when my grandfather passed, it was harder. I had to go see doctors and talked with multiple therapists. I remember being placed on medications, that as I got older, my mother took me off of them. It was also over the years that it seemed like i was getting better, but I guess not in stressful situations. My body just seemed to want to shut down, like it wanted to all those years ago, and if it wasn't for Jacob I would have.

"You're not going to lose me. " He stated as he took another step forward, a bigger step this time, I wanted to move away, but my feet were frozen in its stop. "I promise, and as soon as I can, I will, I will, tell you everything." I did nothing but stare at him as he spoke, before he took and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into a hug.

At first I just stood there, seeming to be stuck in a trance, but then I snapped back into reality, I hugged him back. His warmth engulfed my body, taking away the chill of the air around us. It seemed like time had frozen again, but this time it wasn't a bad frozen. I could start to feel my body relax, calming down after the panic I had just gone through. Then something didn't feel right, his body heat was no longer there. Taking a step back, I left like I had lose all the air in my lungs. Everything started to spin, as I felt a pounding in my head, it felt like someone playing a bass drum against my skull.

"Jake." I looked up at him, trying to reach out, but everything was to blurry to see straight. "I think-" I cut my own self off, by blacking out. The last thing I remembered was three Jacob's reaching out to catch me before I would hit the ground.

"Jacob!" I yelled as I ran down the hall of the small hallway of the high school, a large smile on my face as basically skipped down the hall.

"Maddy, slow down before you trip and fall." He laughed as he caught me in his arms, stopping me in the middle of my sprint. His build and body size, I probably seemed like a feather to him.

"Sorry." I giggled, before taking a small breath to get the air back in my lungs. "I can't help it, I'm just so excited. Are you not excited?" He smiled and lightly laughed.

"Cleaely not as excited as you." I smiled and we turned to walk down the hall, only after he had made sure that I had gotten my breath back.

"Come on Jake, it's the first day of my Freshmen year. I'm a high schooler now, I'm one of you now." I smiled as I skipped next to him, still trying to contain my excitement, he laughed and rolled his eyes at me.

"Calm down there, I might have to start calling your Mad-Eye." He jokingly threatened with a chuckle at the end, still holding a large smile on his face.

"No." I whined and he smirked down at me, chuckling again. "You know I hate that, why can't you ever let that go?"

"Exactly why I keep doing it, it is because you hate it, and it brings me joy." I lightly shoved him, although he didn't move. He laughed as smiled down at me as we continued to walk.