Chapter 39

I walked into the living room and looked at Emily.

"Can you take me to Jake's house?" She looked up at me. Closing her book.

"He's not back from his patrol yet." I nodded my head.

"I know, there's something I want to do something before he gets back." She nodded her head and got her keys.

I smiled a thank you as I got out of the car. I walked up to the door and grabbed my key out of my bag. Jacob is probably going to be so mad at Emily for letting me leave. I would say he would get mad at me, but nowadays I think he's always mad at me but doesn't show it.

I walked into the house and first thing was first. I needed to clean. Turning on my music as loud as I could get it, I started to clean each room. I moved onto the next room when it was spotless. I moved onto my room, well Jacob's room last. I don't even remember the last time I slept in my own room. I remember I use to, but I would get nightmares. I would wake up screaming, but it stopped when I started sleeping in Jacob's room. Even when he wasn't there, I never woke up with a nightmare.

I grabbed a shirt out of Jacob's room and went back to my room. I grabbed some under clothes and a towel before heading to the bathroom room. I had to wash my hair in the tub, since I wasn't supposed to get my feet wet. I took a rag to wash my body off and sat on the edge to shave my legs and under arm. I dried off, putting on my underclothes and his shirt before cleaning up the mess in the bathroom I made.

The sky was already dark by the time I got out. I went to put my music on a soft playlist. It was mainly love songs, but it was peaceful. I then turned most of the lights in the house off, before heading to his room. Charlie took Billy out on a about a week fishing trip to say thank you for all the work he's done lately.

I closed the door to his room and cuddle up under the blanket. It smelt like him, but it wasn't the same as him holding me. I heard the front door try to be opened, then the sound of the lock turning. I didn't bother to open my eyes. Fast foot steps filled the house. I heard his door open and a sign. I then heard him take his shoes off, and knowing him. They'd be in the middle of the floor.

"I just cleaned, this whole house. Put your shoes with the rest of them." I opened my eyes and I could see in smiling in the dark.

"Yes ma'am." He then went over and put the shoes in the crate with the rest.

I slowly sat up some, the blanket over my legs. He turned the lamp on his desk on and walked over to me. He kneeled in front of me and I looked down at him. For once he wasn't taller than me.

"How you feelin?" I looked up at me with worry.

"I'm okay." My voice was almost a whisper.

"Why'd you leave Emily's?" I shrugged my shoulders.

"I just wanted some time to myself." He lightly nodded his head before a small smile made its way to his lips.

"Is that my shirt you're wearing?" I looked down, completely forgetting I had put it on.

"Yeah, it is." I lightly smiled looking back up at him. I then frowned and worried filled his eyes.

"What's wrong?"

I through the blinket off of me and quickly made my way out of the room. I ran straight to the bathroom before throwing up. It wasn't pleasant the first time and by the third time. My throat started to burn, and tears built in the rims of my eyes. I laid back onto the floor with my eyes closed. I felt my head lightly being moved and then I felt Jacob's warmth. His fingers ran through my hair.

"I think that it's time we talk, about everything." His voice quietly said and I nodded my head.

"Give me a minute for my stomach to calm down." I said, my voice just above a whisper.

"Take all the time you need." I sadly smiled, keeping my eyes closed.

I probably laid there for about ten to fifteen minutes before I even tried to open my eyes. When I did, Jacob looked down at me and lightly smiled.

"You okay?" I lightly nodded my head and slowly started to sit up, his hand on the small of my back helping me. "Ready to talk?"

"Yeah, let me just get a glass of water." He walked in front of me.

"I'll get it for you, just go sit down."

I nodded my head and headed off the the living room as he went to the kitchen. I sat down on the couch, curling my legs under me. He came in and handed me a bottle of water and sat in the chair next to me. The fire o had started was still burning strong, I sat and started at it for a long time.

*Edited*