Chapter 26

When Billy wheeled off Sue looked back at me but I tried my best to look at her. But ever few seconds I would look away and then back.

"Maddy, where is he?" She asked me. I know she was talking about Jacob.

"I, I don't know." I tell her and tears started to form in my eyes again.

"Maddy, it's okay. You don't need to cry." She tells me and I shook my head no and stood up.

"No, no its not. It's not okay." I tell her. I pushed myself off the couch and started to walk away. "What if he's hurt?" I asked making my way to the door, and I know she was behind me. I could hear her footsteps behind me. They echoed in my ear.

"He'll be fine. He knows how to take of himself. He knows what he's doing." She told me standing next to me.

"But what if he's not fine?" I asked her as I began to unlock to door.

"Stop thinking of the but." She told me as I began to open the door, but she stopped it with her hand.

"Sue let me out." I told her looking at her. "I need to go out there."

"No, because if you get hurt. Jacob will never forgive me." She tell me and I stopped.

"But what if he's hurt?" I asked her as the tears fell more.

"Stop thinking negative. Your only making your attack worse." She tells me and I moved out of the way and ran to Jacobs room.

I slammed the door and walked over to his closet and shut myself in it. I heard the door open and then quickly close. Sue must have thought that I went outside because I heard her yell for Billy. I tried to slow my breathing down, but I couldn't help but think of the worse. But when I heard the door open agian I covered my mouth and stopped my breathing. But when the closet door slowly began to open, I began to move to the back of the closest. But then it closed and I quickly got up and locked it. And I took in a deep breath. I couldn't hold it in anylonger.

"Maddy." I heard Jacob's vocie. "I know your in there." He said and I slid over but didn't open the door. But I could hear him kneel down next to the door. "Please open the door." He begged me.

"I, I cant." I say not knowing to say.

"Why?" He asked me, worried and scared.

"The eyes. I can still see them. They might still be out there. I can't breath." I say.

  I was still scared. Still worried. I could feel the pain in my stomach fr the lack of breathing.

"There not there anymore. I made sure that they wouldn't come back. The pack made it safe." He tells me and I put my hand on the door handle and I could hear him move back.

"Are they really gone?" I asked before opening the door.

"Yes. Never coming back." He tells me and I stood up opening the door and ran into his arms.

When I did everything calmed down. I hide my face in his chest and his arms wrapped around me.

"I was so worried about you." I tell him as I began to cry into his chest and he began to rub my back.

"I was scared they would get you." He tells me and I pulled back from the hug and saw he was bleeding.

*Edited*