Chapter 8

I stare, blankly at the two men that are in the room. I haven’t said a word, for the fact that I don’t know what to say. Sadly, they seem more confused than I am and more along the lines of aggravated at me. Why? Let’s find out.

  “Who are you two?” I ask strongly.

   “You don’t remember us? Not anything?” The Blonde man asked with sadness coating his voice fully. While the Brown haired man stares with sadness in his eyes.

  “You didn’t answer my question. Who are you?” I stated with power surging through my voice.

   “Kale O’Connell and the other man is Jordan, my older brother.” He said almost robotic like.

  “Analie, I think your next power has become present. This is by the way Jordan.” The voice resonated in my head. My head quickly turn to Jordan to find him staring at me with honesty written through his features. Within seconds, memories rapidly played in front my eyes. Showing who I was, who they were, what I could do, and more.

   He’s right, but I don’t want to believe it, not one bit. I knew I had to accept what I was but I just went through a roller coaster and all I want to do is rest. Do nothing but clear my mind of all of what’s happening. Suddenly, I receive an answer to my thoughts from Jordan once again.

     “Analie, you can stay here for the night. Relax, and get use to what’s happening in your life. Your parents know you’re staying at a friend’s. Once Kale is out of the haze you put him under, he can show you the room you can sleep in. It looks like his coming back to us now.” Jordan told me this through the mind link.

   He told the truth about Kale coming back. Within seconds he no longer stared blankly ahead, instead his head moved back and forth quickly with his eyes landing on me, burning holes into my face. Still quiet, he receives what he has told me it seems and starts walking towards the staircase that was located close to the entrance. I follow behind him, quietly being unable to come up with anything. Soon we were on a second staircase, shortly heading down a narrow hallway consisting of several doors. The only thing in between each door was a picture of landscapes or the brothers messing around.

   The walls a peach white seeming boring in my opinion; finally passing three doors, he stops in front of a door with multi-colors like the rainbow exploded on it. I wonder how I didn’t notice that while walking down this long hallway, must have been all the pictures I wanted to look at. Kale seemed impatient now so I side stepped his shadow and stood in front of the door. I slide my hand around the old styled handle, twisting it, I step in. With one foot in the room, I could tell I would love it. The walls were checkerboard style but not black & white but rapidly changing colors. Four squares kept a constant color, most likely reflecting the occupant’s mood. My eyes drifted toward the furniture that were classic pieces, all a shade of gray. I started walk towards the back of the room to discover balcony doors. I seized a hold of the handles at once and pulled them open. Stepping outside I felt the calm breeze flicking my hair, I felt at home. I didn’t care that my life was basically going down the toilet. All I care about is the sensation of being at home, being here at Kale’s home and feeling like I belong somewhere for once. Silence soon filed the room and it felt suffocating, so I said to break this horrid silence, “You seem upset Kale. Are you ok?”