Chapter 6

DEDICATED TO APRECU BECAUSE HE IS A LOVELY GUY, HOPEFULLY WHEN YOU'RE ON WE CAN TALK SOME MORE! :)

   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

    From my new found power, Kale took me back to his car, a 1970 Mustang with red bass and black striping. Although, I would love to be admiring his car, I was thinking of what the hell happened to my version of life. Now, I am most likely heading to Kale’s brothers house to figure out what is wrong with me. This would be since it seems having more than one gift is rare and usually doesn’t happen I believe. This is me completely guessing since Kale keeps giving me worried stares and his hands seem to tremor the slightest. Along the ride, I notice were heading more into the country of Connecticut where the best house are. I always wished to live in one of them when I was little. But now I wish nothing more than to move to some deserted island and drop off the face of the Earth. Why, was I different? Does this lead me to my real parents? Does his brother know something that Kale doesn’t have the guts to tell me?

   “It’s not that I don’t have the guts to tell you, it’s that my brother explains it better than I do.” Kale stated.

   PUFF BALLS!!! I forget about his power!! With this thought I slap my head just to remember that he’s like me. Yet, I don’t think I will register this till my tilting world is put into some perspective.

   The rest of the drive soon came to an end, once he pulled up to a Mansion-worthy place. It was 2 stories and had the old rustic feeling to it, almost like an old Victorian home in the1800’s and it was mainly surrounded by acres of land. With an attached barn, that most likely was occupied by the servants. I was in awe to say the least but soon I was being dragged into the O’Connell home by the hem of my shirt. I soon straighten myself out once inside and followed Kale to what seemed to be a living room. If you could call it a living room! It was modern styled and spacious, while containing 2 sofas, 2 armchairs, and full entertainment center.

    There seated on one of the sofas was his brother from my guess, with the same facial features, but the similarities stopped there. His brother, instead he had hazel, brown eye’s, and brown hair to match, which made me curious on what their parents would look like.

   “Your curiosity is a feature I haven’t seen in awhile.” Spoke an unknown voice.

WHAT THE HECK! Ok, calm down. Great! His brother can talk in my head and read minds! PERFECT! Note the heavy sarcasm!!!!

  “Ana, be fully aware that he isn’t the only one who can in this room.”  Spoke Kale in my head.

“YOU CAN DO THAT TOO?!!? This downright sucks monkeys!”   I replied with exasperation.

“Well I have to say I wasn’t expecting that.” I told them honestly aloud.

  “Ana, just so you know, my brother doesn’t talk- like verbal. Instead, he talks with his gift and uses sign language as a cover-up around ordinary people.” He told me matter-of-factly.

 “Good to know, but will I always have to talk through the mind bond verses verbalize what I am thinking?” I asked.

 “You can verbalize since he can hear you, he just doesn’t talk.” Kale stated rather furiously. I think I hurt him by asking that but oh well.