Chapter 1

DEDICATED TO ABIITASTIC BECAUSE SHE IS AMAZING AND AMAZINGNESS TO TALK TO!!! :)

Before the beginning of Freshmen Year:

  “Come here Simon!” I called to my much too eager cat. He was a Tabby cat that’s white with black/brown spots and being an average size. Not a fat, overweight cat but lean, and small. I always found that he took control of all situations even if he was just a cat.   

    I always relax on the weekends by cuddling with my cat Simon since my parents are always working and my sister seems to spend all her time with her boyfriend, Darren. I found it really sad that we never get to spend time together like we use to. But I got use to it, so it didn’t bother me as much anymore. As you can tell, my sister and I’s relationship is normal and we just care a lot about each other. But this day she was staying home for once, which made me almost jump through the roof!

        As Simon walks to my sitting form residing on the comfortable couch, I wondered about the possibilities of the super naturals from the article I found on the internet about children being born with abnormal abilities and being tested by scientists. Still unconvinced of those powers and other beings I laughed at the idea and said, “I really should think of the realistic not fantasy!”

     After saying that, Simon slides himself about my legs, but I feel the sensation of calm control roll through me and notice that Simon is still and waiting for a command to do, so I  tell him aloud,” Simon, come sit on my lap.”

   Yet, he did nothing and remains frozen as a statue waiting for the unknown it almost seems. I dismiss this thought and just think to myself,” He should have just done what I spoke.” Usually, he just rubs up against me and jumps gracefully into my lap to relax.

   Within seconds he leaps into my lap and remains still, seemingly waiting for my next command. But I couldn’t speak nor think of what had just happened and did the only think I could. I stood up quickly and ran to my sister’s room that was just across the hall. Freaking out along the way but maintaining some of my sanity I yell for my sister.

        “Kathy!!!” I yelled.

     “What Ana?” My sister spoke.

    “Come here.” I told her as I tried to figure out what I was going to do.

    “Ok.” She spoke calmly in response to my worried tone.

Soon she came out of her room, but seemed to sense my worried expression.

    “What did you want Ana?” She asked curious.

   “Grab my arm.” I commanded, hoping that I was wrong about what happened with Simon.

  “Weird, but ok.” She replied, wariness in her tone.

   Once she touched my arm, her face expressed the same sense of waiting for the next command on what to do. While I felt the sensation of control take hold again within me. From that moment I knew I wasn’t normal and believing in the super natural was not only real but I was a perfect example of it.

I, Analie Jo Desire have been cursed with the ability to control a person’s mind through simply touch. They will do whatever I think. But I still loathe this ability that causes me to be isolated, alone, and misunderstood.