Flicker-Cash

A/N-Based on the song Flicker by Niall Horan

When you feel your love's been taken
When you know there's something missing
In the dark, we're barely hangin' on
Then you rest your head upon my chest
And you feel like there ain't nothing left
I'm afraid that what we had is gone

You leaned on Cash and smiled, he swung an arm around your waist to support you and smiled down at you, you returned the smile. You stood up straight and walked out of the building as the bell rang. Things were good, great even, you and Cash were happy together. You walked to his house, laughing and holding hands the whole way. You were in his room when his mom called him. "Coming!" He said

Then I think of the start
And it echoes a spark
And I remember the magic electricity
Then I look in my heart
There's a light in the dark
Still a flicker of hope that you first gave to me
That I wanna keep
Please don't leave
Please don't leave

You weren't sure what was said but when he came back, the smile he put on wasn't whole, you decided not to say anything incase it made him upset. You spent the night at his house that night. You walked out of the bathroom in one of his shirts and sweatpants, you said goodnight to his parents and Maverick, then went to his room. He opened his arms and you accepted. He cuddled with you and twisted your hair until you fell sleep.

When you lay there and you're sleeping
Hear the patterns of your breathing
And I tell you things you've never heard before
Asking questions to the ceiling
Never knowing what you're thinking
I'm afraid that what we had is gone

You woke up and heard Cash yelling with his parents, as he was no longer with you, you got dressed and walked out of the room, they were in the kitchen, you decided not to bother and sat on the couch, Maverick came and sat next to you as he heard them as well. Soon they came out and Maverick smiled a small, sad, smile at Cash, who returned it. "Is everything okay Cash?" You asked as you walked up to him, "Yea, come on, let's go get breakfast and then I'll walk you home" You nodded and slid your shoes on. You both left the house and you waved goodbye to everyone. Cash walked you home after eating and you stood on your porch with a small smile on your face as he walked.

Then I think of the start
And it echoes a spark
And I remember the magic electricity
Then I look in my heart
There's a light in the dark
Still a flicker of hope that you first gave to me
That I wanna keep
Please don't leave
Please don't leave

"Y/n, we need to talk..." Cash said over the phone, it was about noon the next day and he has called you, "About?" You asked, "Meet me at our place? Okay? 15 minutes?" "Okay" You hung up your phone and went to put your shoes on, then grabbed your things and locked the door behind you, 'What's going on' you thought as you walked. You saw him kicking rocks and when he saw you, he looked away, there were tears in his eyes. "Y/n... I'm sorry" He said, his voice not above a whisper, "W-what? Why?" You stuttered.

And I want this to pass
And I hope this won't last
Last too long

"I'm moving, and won't be back for a while, I'm sorry.... I have to end it.." You looked at him then the ground, tears pricked at the ends of your eyes and soon started to fall, "But we can make this work!" You protested, sadness clear in yours and his voice, "I'm sorry, I want you too be happy and move forward, if I ever do come back we can talk, yea? I'm sorry" You nodded and looked into his eyes, "Yea....I love you too Cash, when do you leave?" "Two days" "I'll be at your house for a goodbye" He nodded and wiped a tear, "I'm sorry" You both turned and walked away. The next thing you knew, you were inside the house, holding a picture of you and Cash, "Y/n, we'll figure this out, I'll talk to you soon okay? Just for now I feel we should ya know...." You nodded and placed the picture in a box, everything was now loaded into the truck, his parents climbed in, you hugged Maverick "Bye Mav" "This isn't goodbye, just a 'see ya soon'" He said, you laughed a little and nodded, he climbed in the truck. You hugged Cash one last time, "See ya Cash...." You whispered, he wiped away your tears and his own before smiling a sad smile, "See ya y/n..." He climbed into the truck, and they pulled away.

Then I think of the start
And it echoes a spark
And I remember the magic electricity
Then I look in my heart
There's a light in the dark
Still a flicker of hope that you first gave to me
That I wanna keep
Please don't leave
Please don't leave

You stood on the step of their house, and watched until you couldn't see the truck anymore, they were gone, 'It's just a 'see ya soon' ' you thought and smiled that same, sad, smile Cash smiled. You looked at the ground and stepped out off the step of his house, and walked to your house, "Please don't leave"

Word Count-950