CHAPTER XIX

Boss Cheston and me are dating for a month now.

Since the incident about him being jealous of my friends, he will call me now and then and remind me that if I ever go drinking with them, he'll arrive and pick me up. I keep saying that he shouldn't go to our school because its embarrassing but he's thickheaded and I always find him waiting for me at the entrance gate. Luckily, my friends are cramming for their researches too so boss didn't saw me again with them. That's pathetic since I want Boss to join me and my friends on a drinking session.

I'm walking to the central office after submitting my reports to my adviser. Walking alone gives me time to think for myself. The truth is, Boss Cheston, is really every woman's dream man.

He's sweet, not by giving me flowers and stuff but sweet in a sense that he's making me feel like I'm being cared about. He always ask me about school, if I ever find anything difficult he offers help. There is one time when I let him do the graphs for me and to my surprise he did everything right. What can I expect for a businessman anyway. Its hard for me to say this but he's adorable, getting excited when I call him and said that Im on my way to the office, blabbing about how he miss me despite the fact that the twenty hours of my day is spent with him. Every time I arrive, he'll rush on me and hugs me tight like a small kid when his parents arrive. He never brought again another girl on the office since we had this arrangement and I never ask him about his girlfriend. We will go to the pastry shop once a week and he'll make himself happy just by watching me eat. I never felt like this before. Its like... I feel loved.

One day, after they've all gone collecting funds and doing their mafia business, Boss Cheston arrive with a cut lip and bruises on his face. The boys said that he's been on a fight and starts telling me how awesome the boss fights. Silencing a bunch of men in no time. No wonder, his office brings half of the cash to their Family. I tend to his wounds then, irritated. Irritated because I'm starting to care for him too, feeling hurt seeing him with bruises like that. Still I didn't say anything, although the way he looks at me made me realize that he knows I'm worried.

"You're starting to be a lover to me Blythe..." he said, smiling, as I bandage the knife cut on his hands.

"I'm your lover.." I answered.

"No, a real lover, tell me.. are you starting to fall in love with me?"

I blush. "The hell it will happen.."

He grab me by the collar and kiss me at his table. "I love you little doll, say you love me too..."

But I didn't. I push him away instead and remind him to stay still or I'll add a bruise to his face.

He's always like that. Saying words like he will be with me forever or that he loves me and cares for me. Its not that I don't want it but, I don't know maybe I do like it.

Those words, he doesn't have a single idea how his actions are slowly making me weak to my knees I'm afraid I'll fall in love with him for real.

This one night, we went to a restaurant to eat, when we saw his mother eating with her friends.

He introduces me to her when we got the chance.

"Mother, this is Blythe Chavillon, from Bondemer Family, you had a picture of her when she was young.." Boss Cheston began.

Her mother looks at me and smiles gently. "Yes, I remember now, you had a twin right?"

"I do Ma'am.." I answered.

"You look beautiful even on that kind of outfit dear, I wonder how well a dress will fit you, who thought you'll grow up this beautiful... Mr. Hendrick will be so proud.."