CHAPTER XV

Of all the days to rain, why tonight? Shit.

I left off my papers and things at the locker upstairs and forgot to bring a cent for the train. Well, the market is forty minutes trek away from here and there's a spare clothes for me at the locker in the flower shop so I wouldn't mind arriving all drench.

The heavy raindrops send chills on my body but the good thing is that the cold drives away my worries momentarily.

Bullshit.

I only have a day to go.

Suddenly, I felt my head going all blurry, fading.

I have to sit for a while.

I look around but there's no bench nearby.

The thunder and lightning startles me and I saw some men walking on my direction. Is that the boss? It couldn't be.

The throbbing on my forehead worsen and starts crawling to my eyes.

The last thing I saw was the men rushing towards me.

Then everything went pitch black as the feeling of emptiness envelopes me. Pulling me back on that cold, dark room.

---

"Blythe... sweetheart, don't slouch, you need to learn this so you can defend yourself during a fight!"

"Come on little girl, kick me!"

I did, but my karate instructor, Mr. Joon Ho, goes left when I thought he will go to the right. "That's right little dove, punch and kick. Hit it darling, here, much stronger, put your strength on your fist!" he keeps repeating the same words in a funny accent

it became a rhyme that sticks on my head.

I did hit him in the face after a hundred attempts.

The big boys watching me laugh cheerfully with Bliss. I attacked Bliss and push him on the ground, towering over him. The men keeps laughing.

"Its a shame Bliss boy, look at your tough sister!" Gregory tease.

I ran on his welcoming, strong arms, lifting me high in the air. I giggle.

"Higher, Gregory!" I said.

"If the princess wish.." and he swirls me on the air, making me feel like flying, pulling me close to his stone hard chest, embracing me tightly.

Bliss gets all jealous, screaming his head off that he also wants to fly, so Gregory put me back to the ground and grab Bliss arm to lift him high too.

My heart could never ask for more.

Just as Gregory puts back the giggling Bliss, he look at me, smiling and then his mouth began to spurt blood.

He stood straight but fall on his knees, he put a hand on his stomach and dark blood went out from a hole that wasn't there earlier, flowing freely down his limbs. I panic. I tried to scream but my voice gets stuck down my throat. I tried to run but I stood frozen. I cannot move my body, my arms and legs felt so heavy. I look around, the men lies there with holes on their body where crimson blood flows out. Their eyes rolled back.

Where's Bliss?

There! Bliss was lying on the ground, knocked off.

Then, a man wearing a black hood appeared and carried me over his shoulder. Im terrified. Gregory, help! Help me! Please! But Gregory's lying on the ground too, another hooded man checks on him and kick him but he doesn't respond. Why? He's the most badass person in the world. Why just lie there Gregory! Stand up!