The Guilt

Izuku POV:

I feel like my head in being trampled on and when I opened my eyes, there's a bright light from the ceiling lights. I turn my head to the left to see Ochako sleeping on my leg. I remember everything that happened. I tried killing All Might, I tried killing my friends, I tried killing her.

I started to tear up until I heard a voice. "She hasn't left you since she was allowed in here." I turn to my right to see Iida sitting in one of the chairs.

"Hey, Iida." I say weakly.

"Hello, Midoriya. It's good to see you're doing well."

I look down and tears start to form in my eyes. "Iida, I'm not doing well. I tried killing All Might. I tried killing you, Todoroki, Kirishima, Kacchan, Yaoyorozu, Toga. I tried to kill-" I get cut off by Iida.

"Your fiance?"

"Wait, you know?!" I whisper yelled so I didn't wake Ochako up.

"She snapped you out of your berserk state by using that ring of her's. Kirishima said he already knew. Before you get worried, I'm not against it. In fact, I'm happy my two closest friends are together. You two will make an excellent duo." He says doing slight chopping motions and smiling.

I don't deserve it. I know they weren't my own actions, but I still tried killing her. "T-Thanks."

He gets up and heads to the door. "I'm going to go. The doctor said that you can be discharged when you woke up." He says exiting the room.

I slump back into the bed thinking about what could've happened if she waited even two more seconds. The thought of it made me sick of myself. I then hear rustling at the end of the bed. I look over to see Ochako waking up. She notices me and tears start to form in her eyes. "Izuku!" She yells as she wraps me in her embrace.

"I was so worried about you! I was scared for you! That you would never be able to be yourself again." She cried in my shoulder. She lifts her face from my shoulder to look me in the face with a teary-eyed smile. "But now you're here. You're the Izuku I love again."

I don't deserve her love. "Ochako, let's get back to UA. Iida said I could leave when I woke up." I say not looking her in the eye.

"O-Okay." She gets up and follows me, getting our things, and leave the hospital.

Timeskip to UA:

We get back to the dorms and I headed back to my room without talking to anyone. I sit on my bed looking at my All Might merchandise. Merchandise of the man I almost killed. I turn the lights off to avoid looking at them and lock the door so no one comes in.

I then think back to everything everyone has ever called me.

'Midoriya should just turn himself in already.'

'Deku should be the name of a villain.'

'Arsonist.'

'Villain.'

'Villain.'

'VILLAIN!'

I then activate my fire quirk from anger at myself.

'They're right. They were all right.'

I decide to just stop thinking about it and go back to sleep.

Timeskip next day:

We're sitting in class waiting for Aizawa to show up and give us instructions on our next assignment. He slithers into class and stands at the podium.