Chapter 1

Michael's pov
I walked through the halls of MiddleBorough high,trying my best to hide my pain.my binder was really tight,"just breath Michael,mama said your top surgery is tomorrow,just hang on."I thought.i walked into class and sat down,wincing a bit."Hey,you ok buddy?"Jeremy Heere asked.Jeremy and I have been friends for 12 years,"Y-Yeah I'm good."I lied.he looked at me,worried."Don't worry,my surgery is tomorrow."I reassured him,putting on a fake smile."you'll be ok,right?"he asked,I shook my head yes but...deep down I wasn't sure.this was going to change my whole life,"here are your grades."mr.Lewis said.

He handed us our grades,I cringed when I saw my actual name.i looked around,Jer never had any pens.i gulped,feeling nervous."Hey,you."I heard someone say,I turned around and saw a blonde boy with a bit of red dyed hair.he had a green bandana and a blue muscle shirt,"here."he handed me a black pen.i slowly took it,"thanks..."I said.i crossed out my real name and wrote,"Michael"I handed the pen back to him."thanks."i said,he smiled."no problem."I noticed he had a gap tooth,"I'm Rich bye the way."he introduced himself."Michael,Michael Mell."i said,"I like your hoodie."he complimented my red hoodie.it was covered in pins and patches,"thanks."I said.

"I um,like your bandana!"I tried to compliment him,he laughed,revealing a gap tooth."you're alright Mell."he said,then the bell rang."why don't you sit with me during lunch today?you know,to get to know each other more?"he suggested,I blushed and gulped."sure!"I said,he smiled."Great,see you at lunch Michael."he said,then he walked away.