Chapter 12. For You

Note: So this is the last chapter of this story and I couldn't help myself - I went a little gif-trigger-happy. There were so many beautiful scenes that I wanted to include, I really had to reign it in 😂
Anyway, I hope you enjoy the excess 🥰

Previously

"Sanem", he breathed out, when they finally stood face to face.

"Niye geldin? Neden burdasin?", she whispered shakily.

---------------------------------------

"For you", he said simply.

She turned on her heels and walked away without saying a word.

What did I do now, he thought, as he ran after her. He caught her and wrapped his arms around her waist and pulling her flush against him. Perhaps it was too much too soon, but, dear God, he needed to touch her, needed to feel her breath on his skin.

 Perhaps it was too much too soon, but, dear God, he needed to touch her, needed to feel her breath on his skin

"Can", she put a softly restraining hand against his shoulder. "I told you before, I don't want you to be here for my sake", she said, sounding both sad and frustrated.

"Sanem, askim", his voice dropped, husky and gravelly. "I'm sorry, I wasn't clear. I came back for you, for me".

Was he even making sense? He didn't know. The touch of her skin, the heady smell of her perfume - it was scrambling his brain. She sighed and he realized he clearly wasn't making much sense. He tried again.

"What I mean is that I need you, I want you, I... I love you. The last two months have been a whole lot of nothing. What little of me was alive, yearned to be with you - in every minute of every waking hour, and in my dreams too".

 What little of me was alive, yearned to be with you - in every minute of every waking hour, and in my dreams too"

He rested his forehead against hers, their noses touching.  "Every where I turn, you're there. I missed your laugh, your kind heart, your beautiful face, your crazy, crazy brain, your scent", he paused, dragging out a ragged breath. "I missed who I am when I'm with you. So I did the only thing that made sense, I came back - for you ". The tremor in his voice betrayed his uncertainty, ".....if you'll have me. If, Inshallah, you still love me"